IGNORED

Pixel artist's game? It's Conner time 2?

Ecernosoft

1 hour ago, Ecernosoft said:

Discord... well, I haven't started because of a privacy issue:

1. Can people see your birthday? I meet the age requirements and all, but I don't want backlash from others because they found out I'm less than 20 years old

Be proud of this not ashamed, people here in their 30,40's that use basic because they can't learn assembly,you're under 20 and have them beat,be proud.

Edited by Traxx

1 minute ago, Traxx said:

Be proud of this not ashamed, people here in their 30,40's that use basic because they can't learn assembly

Just lol. I mean, I bet you're in your 20's to 30's. I learned atari because learning other languages was too easy.

When I did, sometimes they didn't make sense, or I couldn't figure out how to do a very important thing, ex= Sprites or collision.

And stuff like Python, you'd need all these extentions just to do the basics like sprites.

Oh, dont forget you cant share your game to someone with all the stuff you have.

Edited by Ecernosoft

Wow. 😃

Did you grow up with any of these systems? Most notably the 2600? I have a real 2600 and a real 7800. 

(The 7800 was my father's 7800 from when he was a child)

edit: The 2600 was because some of the new games I got that were 2600 games wouldn't boot on my 7800, those being Mappy and Zoo keeper.

double-edit: I got my 7800 last year, and it came with 80 games. Wow.

Edited by Ecernosoft

Been programming in 6502 for over 20+ years,Who cares what other people say.....majority can't program in assembly,you can!they're no were near your level.Your intelligence and desire is far,far beyond them.Learning programming is speaking another language,it's computer language.

Edited by Traxx

Just now, Traxx said:

Been programming in 6502 for over 20+ years,Who cares what other people say.....majority can't program in assembly,you can!they're no were near your level.

Yes. I'm supprised more people don't learn the 6502- It's quite easy compared to say, a PC. PC assembly (Modern of course!) is a nightmare. Not to mention you run the risk of breaking your computer by erasing your hard-drive, breaking the GPU, etc..

Oh and one other thing. When you write a game on modern computer, your game is compared to other games. It will. If people play your game, they will compare it to other games on that system. And your game, especially your first games, will look really bad compared to those.

On the other hand, games on Atari will be around the quality of your game if you know what you're doing- it can look better.

Just now, Traxx said:

6502 is easier then C,you break code down to small routines

Not to mention C++, that stuff is of NIGHTMARES. Untill you figure it out, and then you still need to refrence stack overflow 100+ times because you forgot a opcode, or command.. or then you update windows or get a new PC to find the game is no longer compatible....

On the 6502, you only really have 56 opcodes you mix and match to do everything you need. And if you're lucky, the platform will have a 65C02 with extra commands, better math, etc.

Back to the game. What platform should we make this game on? And if it's one I haven't learned, I'll have no issue learning that platform. 

Edit: Should we make this a sequel to It's Conner time! or should this be it's own game?

Edited by Ecernosoft

2 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Yes I do program in windows, windows 11 to be specific. On my HP pavilion.

For other languages, if they don't come with their own app to use (Python and Python IDLE) then I use Visual studio code. If it's compatible with 8bitworkshop (Ex= 7800, 2600, 5200, NES, A8bit) then I use that unless that uses a mode that isn't available or a mapper that is unsupported.

Ex= No extra features on 7800, OR 160B, 320B, 320C, 320D

Edited by Ecernosoft

4 minutes ago, Traxx said:

It is imperative you join discord,other programers will be able to help you,we can help with game programming to,get on there (Censored)

Please edit! 

edit- I don't want other people knowing my name. 

Edited by Ecernosoft

Ok, fine. People can know my name, just don't tell anyone on DS.

Just, before I do, people can't see my email on Discord right? I don't want to get hacked because my email is related to my family's emails (Yeah, my dad still won't give me my own, unrelated email)

4 minutes ago, Traxx said:

My name is Richard or Rick,you have a game called Conner time,it's good programmers know first names

I think I should've changed my character's name by now, but I didn't. And since ICT is already out, whatever. It's ok though. Reason is I didn't want to go on DS and have to leave because I got hacked by someone.