IGNORED

What if you own a camper but you have no sega,atari or nintendo handhelds but you do own their game consoles,would you use them in your camper to still be able to play on the go that way???

johannesmutlu

Question

I watched lot’s of video’s on the internet about luxury campers and i was jealously thinking, “what if i was a multi millionair and i would buy such luxury campers but i don’t own any of those handhelds from atari,sega or nintendo etc,, but do own those atari,sega and nintendo game consoles and i really want to play those games on the go,then why not hook up those game consoles to a tv in those campers sothat i could play those games in a authentic way on the go”

And/or what about a rolls royce silver spur car from 1985 with builtin tv and vcr,would be FREAKIN AWESOME to hookup my nes to it and record all my playing sessions on it while   on the road,

and what if i want to satisfy my friends & gasts to play those nintendo or sega games on those atari systems and the colecovision, now that would be cool,

so let’s say that in a detachable camper wich i could connect to a car or truck i will put my atari 7800 into it,the other camper with builtin driving seat i will put in a atari 5200,in another camper for a bike i will put in a atari 2600,while in a camper with toy hauler i would put in a colecovision,

and if i would also own a rolls royce silver spur from 1985,i definitely would put my nes into it,and for all those systems i will definitely put in nintendo,sega and atari games (depending per system) with those systems to choose from to play whether for me or my friends,

so am curious if some of your perants owned a camper or a luxury car back then with builtin tv and if you were allowed to hookup your atari,sega or nintendo game consoles to it to play during road trips,do you got fond memories of it during those road trips?

CC1906BC-072F-45AD-A954-9128EA68FD81.jpeg

Edited by johannesmutlu

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, johannesmutlu said:

I watched lot’s of video’s on the internet about luxury campers and i was jealously thinking, “what if i was a multi millionair and i would buy such luxury campers but i don’t own any of those handhelds from atari,sega or nintendo etc,, but do own those atari,sega and nintendo game consoles and i really want to play those games on the go,then why not hook up those game consoles to a tv in those campers sothat i could play those games in a authentic way on the go”

And/or what about a rolls royce silver spur car from 1985 with builtin tv and vcr,would be FREAKIN AWESOME to hookup my nes to it and record all my playing sessions on it while   on the road,

and what if i want to satisfy my friends & gasts to play those nintendo or sega games on those atari systems and the colecovision, now that would be cool,

so let’s say that in a detachable camper wich i could connect to a car or truck i will put my atari 7800 into it,the other camper with builtin driving seat i will put in a atari 5200,in another camper for a bike i will put in a atari 2600,while in a camper with toy hauler i would put in a colecovision,

and if i would also own a rolls royce silver spur from 1985,i definitely would put my nes into it,and for all those systems i will definitely put in nintendo,sega and atari games (depending per system) with those systems to choose from to play whether for me or my friends,

so am curious if some of your perants owned a camper or a luxury car back then with builtin tv and if you were allowed to hookup your atari,sega or nintendo game consoles to it to play during road trips,do you got fond memories of it during those road trips?

CC1906BC-072F-45AD-A954-9128EA68FD81.jpeg

BTW if i got enough money and the chance, i will definitely will rent such camper sothat i could finally play atari games from those atari systems i own,on the go for a weekend,because that would be really cool and if i got an oppertunity to rent an oldtimer of a luxury car with builtin tv, i definitely will rent it to play nes games inside it during road trips😁

When we’re on the road video games generally aren’t part of the adventure.

1- They’re mostly nostalgic things of the past. Appropriate for those vintage moments.

2- Maybe if the weather goes sour we’ll play them in the camper. 

3- I don’t fill the camper with consoles. A laptop or out-of-sight NUC is the most I ever ever do.

• Like 2

Keatah Is pretty spot on. If I'm not driving, a DS would be nice.

Maybe a retro pie with a couple controllers.

But I would be mostly focusing on the trip is self.

I would NOT bring any console I cared about on the road.  I was an over the road trucker. I basic lived in a "camper" aka sleeper every night.

Electronics get the crap beaten out of them riding hundreds of miles in vehicles that have rough suspensions. Like campers.

Also, the more stuff you bring with you, the more stuff you have move around out of the way.

I saw some guys with xbox 360 in their trucks, but you have to set up/ unpack it.

So, most of the time it was to much work to get it out for an hour or two of use.

Also, all of those need house AC current. And a TV. Those add extra complexity and stuff to carry.

A laptop with emulators that can run and charge with a portable battery / inverter unit.

I think that is the way to go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, H454 said:

Keatah Is pretty spot on. If I'm not driving, a DS would be nice.

Maybe a retro pie with a couple controllers.

But I would be mostly focusing on the trip is self.

I would NOT bring any console I cared about on the road.  I was an over the road trucker. I basic lived in a "camper" aka sleeper every night.

Electronics get the crap beaten out of them riding hundreds of miles in vehicles that have rough suspensions. Like campers.

Also, the more stuff you bring with you, the more stuff you have move around out of the way.

I saw some guys with xbox 360 in their trucks, but you have to set up/ unpack it.

So, most of the time it was to much work to get it out for an hour or two of use.

Also, all of those need house AC current. And a TV. Those add extra complexity and stuff to carry.

A laptop with emulators that can run and charge with a portable battery / inverter unit.

I think that is the way to go.

Yes indeed a laptop or a raspbarry pie with all kinds of emulators on it or a mister with fpga logit to replicate all game consoles is much easier to carry on or how aboutt,

and these day’s we have flat screen lcd screens wich weights and consumes waay  less power then crt tv’s,

BUT i do see myself playing atari games on the main sleeproom connected to a tv trough rf to hdmi convertor and enjoying playing games while traveling on the road,just the idea just sounds too awesome to be true😁

Well I did convert the old Chevy into a space-a-ship when I was a kid. Put blankets on the windows. Bought in all my project kits and Globe Patrol radio and walkie-talkies. Taped all my Mattel handhelds and calculators to wherever. Bought in a battery powered 9" B/W TV from JC Penny, and some 9 volt batteries to run the Atari. Even had my astronomy books and starcharts with us for navigation - just so we wouldn't get lost on our interstellar journeys.

Back then Atari wasn't just about playing videogames. It was all about exploring and adventuring and making the memories we enjoy recalling today.

• Like 1