IGNORED

Nolan Bushnell wants you to buy his Atari NFTs

E. King

Sounds like some old fart trying to do modern things. Useless things. Senile nursing home things. I mean look the guy is half-dead and barely moving. And yep, industry veteran trying to stay relevant.

Pray-tell me what do I get for buying into this stuffage? DO I like get lawn service for a season? Pool cleaning service for a year? A deck expansion? Free car charging? ?? WHAT. DO. I. GET. ??

And by the way I saved the jpegs so I too have those NFTs!

Edited by Keatah
  • Haha 1

Look. This is all stuff created in some guy's squirming brain. I think I can get a better experience of playing Computer Space at home on MAME. I can sit my fat ass down on the jalopy couch, listen to orchestra as it creaks and sways. Make the old ball'n'chain serve me junkfood. Play on a modern 100" QuantumDot display rather than some 6" CRT that shoots radiation into your head. Prevents irradiated brain from making you stupid.

We will provide collectors with a poster which includes a QR code.

I can buy a poster anywhere, ebay, the comic book shoppe.. wherever..

Point and scan with your phone's camera.

I can point and scan anything and everything already. Take pictures everyday. Buy shit on QVC. Don't need the added complexity of all that to start up a fucking game..

Once scanned, you will be prompted to download Adobe AERO for free.

Here we go with layers upon layers of software that breaks if not all parts are updated simultaneously. Not interested in downloading space-consuming shit on my fone anyways.

From here, it’s as simple as scanning your environment,

What? And send it to China for datamining? No thanks.

..placing in your Arcade OG by a single tap..

You mean I have to waste time and generate frustration at trying to locate something in a 3D environment?

— you can enjoy the 360 immersive experience!

I get the same, actually better, experience surfing on the jalopy. I

You can walk 360 around the arcade and place it in any environment.

I don't have to pace around like a mental institution patient.

You will see pixel game play on screen.

I already see it on my state-of-the-art QuantumDot display.

Walk up to the arcade, this will detect you to signal the audio experience.

Not interest in lunging back and forth to adjust the volume, or even getting it working in the first place.

You can video record and take photos of your experience right in the app.

I can do that with my phone's camera already. No app required. No phone? Just use a DSLR. No DSLR? Break out that 110 pocket camera. No 110? You're fucked.

Keep in-mind your arcade file size can vary on initial loading time into the app.

Where we're going filesize doesn't matter. PC's have 4TB standard drives now. But.. Wait? The file size can vary in size based on how long it takes to load the first time? WTF? NTF? Screw that shit! I thought the file is the app and the app is the file. This is all very confusing and overcomplex.

Have fun and share on social media!

I don't think so. Videogames are like sex. A special experience best not shared on social media.

• Haha 1