IGNORED

Looking for Vic 20 super expander D64 or CRT image

Frozone212

From what I learned in January this year, is that even the most recent version of VICE can not mount CRTs inside the xvic emulator. You can autostart those however. The classic file format is PRG which consists of a load address - the $A000 you mention. The file should be 4098 bytes, which is 4096 for the data and two bytes for the load address. I think even the latest VICE should allow you to use generic mount to make it work.

If you must have CRT, there is a command line tool called cartconv that comes with VICE.

D:\vic> cartconv.exe -v -t vic20 -i "Super Expander.prg" -o superexpander.crt
vic20 input_filenames: 1 output_filenames: 1 cart_type: 0 loadfile_cart_type: 0
loadfile_size: 001002
Input file: Super Expander.prg
Output file: superexpander.crt
Conversion from binary format to VIC20 Generic VIC20 Cartridge .crt successful.

I could attach the resulting file, but that would both be mild piracy and taking away the joy for you to learn an useful command.

However Super Expander prefers to have at least 3K RAM expansion. I would imagine there is a way to set up the CRT file to automatically add the RAM when you boot it, but it doesn't seem like cartconv has an option for that specifically. If CRT isn't able to modify the emulator settings, you need to change that yourself.