IGNORED

NMS PS5 Upgrade

neogeo1982

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 1:26 AM, Punisher5.0 said:

based around internet usage.

No no you can completely play offline. The online components were added way after release and are completely optional. Its not like Destiny or Warframe that are online and almost require internet teams and connections. This is more massively single player experience with some online features tacked on if you have a friend you want to play with. Otherwise its all just you when you play there aren't people jumping around and bothering you or trying to talk you or anything. 

• Like 1

looked like a cool gam

I would say if you picked up a cheap used disk version of the game, it is worth having it connect up for the 5 years of updates to the game that will want to download. The 2 main story updates for the game give about 100 hours of play. On your way through those though theres many distractions. Races, spacebattles, side quests, base building, mining, running cargo trade routes, become a town mayor and dev the town to make you money. The list goes on and on.

• Like 2

I always thought No Mans Sky looked like a cool game but I tend to stay away from games that are based around internet usage.

That's funny because the biggest criticism of the game was that the online features that everyone assumed would be there were almost completely missing at launch. :)

The game was designed to be a single player, lonely experience where you'd only find traces that other players had been there-   like a planet/alien species someone else named, or a base someone else built.   But in practice, the universe was just too big, you almost never ran across areas other players had been,  so they started adding more and more multiplayer features, including the Nexus, a place you could go to find other players because it was too hard to find them in the wild.

But online stuff is optional.   The universe is generated mathematically by your console,  it's not downloaded from a server.  if you are online, you will find  alterations and content created on these planets by others..  but if offline, you just get the pristine planet with anything you placed there.

• Like 2

I can't summon more than a "meh" for this one.  Besides sounding like a giant time sink, I already bought and played the game on PS4.  I wasn't impressed.  I feel like they had their chance (with me) and blew it, but I'm glad people who enjoy it are getting lots of badly-needed upgrades.  There are simply too many other games demanding my attention, and nowhere near enough time for them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, zzip said:

That's funny because the biggest criticism of the game was that the online features that everyone assumed would be there were almost completely missing at launch. :)

The game was designed to be a single player, lonely experience where you'd only find traces that other players had been there-   like a planet/alien species someone else named, or a base someone else built.   But in practice, the universe was just too big, you almost never ran across areas other players had been,  so they started adding more and more multiplayer features, including the Nexus, a place you could go to find other players because it was too hard to find them in the wild.

But online stuff is optional.   The universe is generated mathematically by your console,  it's not downloaded from a server.  if you are online, you will find  alterations and content created on these planets by others..  but if offline, you just get the pristine planet with anything you placed there.

Thats good to hear. Ill have to get this one day when on sale.

• Like 2

Darn it! After 5+ years this darn progress bug is still in game. After your first extreme planet it likes to get stuck and doesnt progress. I guess next universe im just gonna stay on the first found planet til its completed 😡

20220830_095438.jpg

• Like 1

Real people! All on Pc too! Doesnt anyone have a PS5 on this? I guess it doesnt really matter. Its all crossplatform. And I never play with anyone anyways. I do like it shows what platform they are on, several other games do this too.

20220830_101814.thumb.jpg.76e58953bac2953c23f8e4f0324bc65d.jpg

• Like 1