IGNORED

Google Stadia in 2022 on your Atari VCS

Mockduck

Yes, creating a thread to put a link to my video here, but I figured it was worth creating a new topic looking at Google Stadia TODAY on the Atari VCS. Frankly, don't sleep on it, who knows how long it will be here. Modern + plugged in through USB makes it work seamlessly from AtariOS in my experience. Worked great.

Looking at Google Stadia on the Atari VCS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ixUcut8Pk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Yeah, good/bad timing on the video I guess. Stadia was pretty cool actually, and had a particular value on the VCS, but an initial business model that didn't land with customers and just plain streamrollering by Microsoft and Sony appear to have been its end.

I think part of the issue is that people are scared to trust Google to keep their services running long-term. I know that given their history it would give me pause in choosing them over an alternative service.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stirrell said:

I think part of the issue is that people are scared to trust Google to keep their services running long-term. I know that given their history it would give me pause in choosing them over an alternative service.

Yeah, they have no trust when it comes to library ownership due to near constant behavior in the past. At least they are consistent in terms of making a consumer choice. 

That said, imagine you have been all-in on Stadia since the start, buying a bunch of games and such. You have been playing those games for a couple of years and will get the entirety of your money back! You can buy them again probably more cheaply elsewhere these days, or just keep the cash. Kind of a nice end-scenario for Stadia backers.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 1:43 AM, stirrell said:

Agreed.  I don't have a Google account, I do not trust them or the long-term reliability of their products or services.