IGNORED

838-PEB Pre-Order is LIVE!

Shift838

8 hours ago, wierd_w said:

I am on the fence if I want to order or not.

I can print my own goodies; I have that big assed chiron I can do it on and a bulk roll of white PLA.

I already have a PEB though-- I just dont trust it to be fully working, and have never powered it on... 

A few users are on the fence.  I can tell you that I have been using my 838-PEB for a while with TiPi, SAMS 1mb, 838-Speech and the 838-IO Plus with no issues.  

It's completely up to the end user if they want to snag one.  The whole reason to design this was to provide some modular designs to an older product.  Super simple to replace a power supply with this if it fails, unlike the original PEB.  This one also allows a user to choose their own PC Case, so you have more versatility based on your needs.

Preorder will close on Sunday @ 10 p.m. CST.

12 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

FYI.

All board and parts have been ordered.  I should see the boards in 2 to 3 weeks.

In the zoom meeting John (Arcade Shopper) told me this was last day to order so for the life of me your web site was nuts.

First is said I had an account, so I tried to log in, then when I asked for account and password reset it said I did not have an account!

So when trying to create a new account it said I had an account already, so I asked for a reset, and it says I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT!

I was forced to use Arcadeshopper web site to order instead.

You really need to fix your web page!

4 hours ago, RXB said:

In the zoom meeting John (Arcade Shopper) told me this was last day to order so for the life of me your web site was nuts.

First is said I had an account, so I tried to log in, then when I asked for account and password reset it said I did not have an account!

So when trying to create a new account it said I had an account already, so I asked for a reset, and it says I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT!

I was forced to use Arcadeshopper web site to order instead.

You really need to fix your web page!

you do not have had an account on this store.  It's a completely new store with that is now being hosted from Lizardhill.com

I double-checked and you do not.  hopefully you were going to https://www.shift838.com/store

15 hours ago, Shift838 said:

you do not have had an account on this store.  It's a completely new store with that is now being hosted from Lizardhill.com

I double-checked and you do not.  hopefully you were going to https://www.shift838.com/store

Yes that is the site and will not allow me to use my email address as it says that it already exists.

So how do I make any account that says that email is being used if "I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT?"

Is there another richgilbertson@comcast.net account as I am 100% sure I am the only one on Earth as I have had this Email for over 20 years!

• 2 weeks later...

a new version of the manual has been published.  I have added some part numbers for cables to be ordered for use with the Geneve 9640 ATX Breakout board.  These cables can be ordered from https://www.iec.net 

However, the cables are not on the website you will have to contact them directly with the provided part numbers.

http://www.shift838.com/downloads/838-PEB_manual.pdf

• Thanks 1

Orders 14, 15 and 16 have been filled. 

Been working on order 17, it's a big one.. you know who you are!  I got all this users boards built over the weekend.  Still need to test them all.

After I am done testing then I have 3 remaining orders to build this week.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, speccery said:

@Shift838 just today received my order #12, thanks a lot! It took a while through the customs and everything and the packaging had clearly received a few bumps en route, but all the content seem to be in good order. Now I only need to find the time to put all of this together, buy a suitable case and power supply :) 

Yeah, getting things all put together the way one wants does take some time.  There is more I want to do with mine to be able to use the USB connector for the PI.  I went looking at the connection last night, and I realized I will need to do something with the wiring once I get the USB flash drive mounted and operational on the PI with Matt's latest update. I did find a USB panel mount 18" extension cable, however I really want to be able to access the USB drive from the front of the case, not the rear.

My biggest challenge I encountered was finding a working 5.25" 360K floppy drive.  I had 4 drives that apparently had issues so I ended up pulling one from my backup Geneve.  Bay selection for the drive was tricky as one had to be careful where it mounted so that it did not bump into other cards on the PEBox board.

Beery

• Like 2