IGNORED

Waffle BBS and Lantronix UDS10

Hello there!

I'm working on creating a BBS using Waffle 1.65 and a Lantronix UDS10 serial-to-ethernet controller. Everything works great except the UDS10 doesn't seem to understand when to "hang up". When a person leaves the board with "bye", Waffle sends a disconnect signal to the UDS10. But the UDS10 just sits there like the session is still happening. The next "caller" is unable to log in because the UDS10 has not released the previous telnet session, because (seemingly) it is ignoring Waffle's request to "hang up".  I have to manually reboot the UDS10 after every "call". Everything else works great, but this has me stumped. Any ideas? 

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 3:57 PM, maelstrom9510 said:

Hello there!

I'm working on creating a BBS using Waffle 1.65 and a Lantronix UDS10 serial-to-ethernet controller. Everything works great except the UDS10 doesn't seem to understand when to "hang up". When a person leaves the board with "bye", Waffle sends a disconnect signal to the UDS10. But the UDS10 just sits there like the session is still happening. The next "caller" is unable to log in because the UDS10 has not released the previous telnet session, because (seemingly) it is ignoring Waffle's request to "hang up".  I have to manually reboot the UDS10 after every "call". Everything else works great, but this has me stumped. Any ideas? 

Thank you!

What Disconnect Signal is Waffle sending to the UDS10??  Can you use the DSR/DTR to control the ON Hook/OFF Hook Status?

The UDS10 supports Modem Mode commands with a  1 Second Delay, then Three '+' , with no longer that 1 Second Delay, then another 1 Second Delay.   The UDS10 Prompts, "OK", then you send "ATH" and Enter and the UDS10 Prompts with another "OK".

This will Disconnect the Session..  ( See Lantronx UDS10/100 Manual, PDF Page31 )

https://www.lantronix.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/UDS10-UDS100_UG.pdf

MarkO

Edited by MarkO