IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - August 15th 2022

Pixelboy

Hello Colecovisionites! :D

This is a short-and-sweet news bulletin today, with only a couple of quick things to mention.

First of all, Space Shuttle and Arabian are "done" projects in terms of development. I just need to assemble carts, get manuals printed, etc. All I have left on my plate is Utopia, for which I'm hoping to have the software finished by the end of September. But you know how these things can go, there could be an unforeseen delay down the road. If there is a delay of any kind, it will be specifically because of Utopia, on the software side. Everything else is good to go.

Secondly, today I contacted everyone on my mailing list regarding the next series of ColecoVision trading cards, namely the European Series and a sub-series designated as the "Update Pack #1". As someone pointed out to me earlier today, I think I should have called it the "Expansion Pack #1", it would have been more in line with Coleco products! :D  Anyway, both of these series will be going to the card printer soon, so I'm currently recording confirmations of pre-orders. 

The European series features 100 cards, and covers all the English and multilingual game boxes released in Europe in the eighties, as well as all the known Australian and Taiwan releases. In case anyone is wondering, I won't be doing cards for the French, German, or Spanish variants of the CBS boxes, as I think it would be overkill.

The "Update Pack #1" contains three parts:

(A) 10 North-American hardware cards
(B) 10 European hardware cards
(C) 17 homebrew boxes originally created by Greg Off

If you take parts (A) and (C) together and insert them into the previously-released North-American series, you get a total count of exactly 200 cards. Since not everyone is into European box variants, I'm giving everyone the option to pre-order only the parts they want (just (A) and (C), or just (B), or just (C), or whatever).

I'd like to place the print order with the card printer by the end of this month, so if you're on the mailing list for these cards, please check your inbox (and spam/junk box) as I contacted you earlier today. If anyone else wants to order these new sets (or even perhaps the first North-American deck) send me an e-mail at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com.

See below for a few examples taken from those series, namely Mouse Trap CBS1, the BurgerTime bootleg from Taiwan, and the Super Action Controllers card taken from the "Update Pack #1".

This concludes this (brief) Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;) 

cards_samples_euro.png

• Like 7

Quick note: At the time I'm writing this, two people have contacted me to get on the mailing list, and I've replied to both. If you didn't see my reply, please check your spam/junk box, as these days I usually reply within the next hour if I'm home.

Edited by Pixelboy

• 1 month later...

Quick updates, for those who are interested:

1) The European series and Update Pack #1 decks are in the process of being printed. Not sure when I'll receive them by mail, but I'll start contacting everyone on my mailing list as soon as I have the goods in my possession.

2) I finally got around to adding a section to teampixelboy.com dedicated to my series of ColecoVision trading cards. I didn't put too much effort into the presentation, what's there should suffice for anyone looking for information about these trading cards. I'll add pictures of the European series and the Update Pack #1 in the "Project Overview" section once I receive the decks from the printer company.

3) I've collected quite a lot of box scans for Canadian (English/French) editions of Coleco, Parker Brothers and Epyx titles, a lot more than I was expecting to find. I found so many in fact that I'm actually wondering if some games that I've ever only seen in English-only boxes could actually have Canadian counterparts. I'm talking about 2010 - The Graphic Action Game, Cabbage Patch Kids - Picture Show, Choplifter!, James Bond 007, Monkey Academy, Q*bert's Qubes and Spy Hunter. If you've ever seen the Canadian box variants of any of these games, please let me know, but until someone says otherwise, I'll assume the Canadian variants of those games do not exist. Also, if you know where I can find a scan of the Canadian box of Root Beer Tapper (which I know for sure does exist) please let me know.

4) As part of the trading card series I will be releasing in 2023, I would like to make trading cards for The Yolk's On You prototype, and also for Kevtris, but I need some nice box artwork to make that happen. If you know an artist who would be willing to create the artwork for those two titles, please contact me.

Thanks!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ugh... This is getting ridiculous.

I just replied to a guy with a G-mail account, and my replied was blocked by Google. The message says "Our system has detected that this message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, this message has been blocked."

It isn't unsollicited, you numbskull AI, I replied to someone who contacted me!  :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 4:14 PM, Pixelboy said:

Ugh... This is getting ridiculous.

I just replied to a guy with a G-mail account, and my replied was blocked by Google. The message says "Our system has detected that this message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, this message has been blocked."

It isn't unsollicited, you numbskull AI, I replied to someone who contacted me!  :roll:

Yet actual and OBVIOUS spam seams to get right on through.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes sir.  :)

Right now I'm working on shipping the European series and Update Pack #1 of ColecoVision trading cards to all customers, but right after this, I will resume working on Utopia, and I'll focus on that project in order to have it ready in time for Christmas, alongside Space Shuttle and Arabian.

• Like 5