IGNORED

Dragon Master - a pilot i was fooling around together with Tix

Yaron Nir

@Yaron Nir   Great - looks a very promising base. Speed of play/movement is good.

IMHO throw some more colours in via DLIs and some parallax scrolling, especially given all horizontal - and if poss some sprite multiplexing. Animation looking great at this early stage (not surprised if Tix is involved in this! :D) Some Prince of Persia level animation could really elivate it IMHO. Also perhaps some weapons and projectiles (thowing stars, numb chucks, and a staff).  Heh heh sorry - getting carried away here. :cool:

Well done.:thumbsup:

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

I got to a screen where some sort of circular objects moved vertically or horizontally to hit you.  When I tried to jump over one of them. I landed on top of it and my character stayed in the middle of the screen for the rest of the game.  I'm not jumping in the screen shot below.  That's where my character is standing.

image.thumb.png.78c4975c11f2b4db8eaa00313d3e2f70.png 

few things,

the game crashes when you are hit too many times (it is a place holder with "brk" command to handle later death of the fighter)

the scenario where you left hang in the air was observed. i think i know the source 

there is no high kick. only jump

you can not hit the "flying" objects who fly to kill you. you can just try to avoid them

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 4:52 PM, Yaron Nir said:

not sure if , when , and how i will complete this.

Hey Yaron,

sad to see this going under too.. seems to be the fate of all the games I worked on..

I hope you find your mojo soon !  I have an awesome boss waiting  😉

• Like 1

Mojo, such a hard thing to sustain, as you get older you tend to get more responsibilities, yet time becomes such an issue. I have loads of time, yet I play so little despite being around emulation and machines all day. It's become more of a thing to keep the emulation up to date than actually use said emulators. Any play times are short and I rarely get the same 'buzz' as I used to but to be fair I was more into the hacking than the playing even then. I feel so sorry for people who have full time work AND a wish to provide for their hobby, it must be maddening to try and do both.

So Yaron, can't say I blame you, full time work alone must be, hard let alone 'having a life'..... I hope you find the time, your work is awesome, but real life must be first..

As for you Tix, love your work, sorry it seems to get canned, but you have a real talent, keep on if you can... The 3G man :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Carlooser said:

Hello, 

may I ask you, in what kind "system" you are programming the games? Is it in Assembler? Or something different? Thanks a lot 🙂

The game is developed using 6502 assembly language.

I use VSCode IDE with some nice atari add-ons.

I use python scripts that i write to convert png images to atari a8 data.

i debug everything on Altirra emulator.

eventually i burn the cartridge on a real hardware and test it via my friends' real A8 machine

Edited by Yaron Nir
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...