3 hours ago, KevKelley said:

I can’t seem to get an emulator on my new phone but I need to hear this. 

I love Rockford Files and the theme song is one of my favorites. I almost named my son Rockford too!

Awesome!! The theme will need some fixing up. And, it's just the first part; I'm not sure if I should try to take on the harmonica or the guitar parts, though the harmonica could be done with one of the buzzy sounds, maybe.

If you want to take the lead on it or the game dev and/or ideas, that'd be awesome!! I was thinking of trying to whack something together like a car chase and maybe gathering some clues/running into people that he'd talk to (theoretically), but I've not started yet other than this part of the theme, and I'm at a serious loss of what would be a good game plot or good gameplay, so I'd be fine handing it over. If there were a way to work on it together, we could, and we might have to break it into parts, or I could just do more theme music. Whatever you'd like.

Edited by Fort Apocalypse

Oh. Have you seen the MIDI to TIA program? I think it was called something like MIDItari or something like that. I have it on my laptop but couldn’t quite get it right (but then again I am still learning how to properly use sound). I’ll gmhave to find it. 

I love the song. I can just picture this in some Atari game. The harmonica part plays in between levels. 

This is dangerous. I am trying to tie up a bunch of loose ends and don’t want to get distracted but now this has got me wondering what a Rockford Files game would be. 

I picture something more like Ghostbusters or Raiders or E.T or Superman, where maybe you travel an over world map from Rockford’s trailer where you solve a crime. Maybe you have to search for things to find clues and if someone catches you you get beat up because Rockford always got beat up. 

So much potential. I have been working on an idea for a map system that I want to experiment with. Perhaps this could be it. 

• Like 1