IGNORED

Getting a Switch - What Should I Know?

Sauron

On 8/21/2022 at 5:51 AM, Sauron said:

Been playing the hell out of my Switch the last 24 hours, and have a few observations:

Mario Odyssey is really damn fun. Enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Animal Crossing is like meeting up with a long lost friend after so many years. I missed this type of game.

The joycons aren't nearly as bad as many of you are making them out to be, but then again I'm mainly using them in handheld mode (not detached). I have a wireless controller that was Switch-compatible out of the box and it works quite well, too, although the d-pad is trash.

The OLED screen is beautiful. Can't really compare it to the original screen, but if you're going to buy a brand new Switch, there's no reason to not get the OLED model.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is, well, Mario Kart. Not that that's a bad thing.

The amount of games on the eshop is simply overwhelming. Outside of Nintendo's 1st party titles, it seems impossible to find stuff unless you know exactly what you're looking for. 

I haven't tackled BOTW yet. I didn't want to start off with it in order to not make my Switch experience downhill from the beginning. I'll start on it once I've either beaten Mario Odyssey or need to take a break from it, whichever comes first. 

Overall, I do not regret this purchase at all. In fact, I'm wondering why in the hell I didn't get the Switch a long time ago.

I personally like the joycons and have yet to get any type of pro controller. Wife likes them too.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:15 AM, Cebus Capucinis said:

I've been pretty exclusively playing Animal Crossing. LOL. I'm about at the plateau point though, where I'll need to get the expansion.

So you should totally go online at the tailors and search for designs. Do a search for Intellivision or Amico.

You are welcome.... 😈

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2