IGNORED

Paint finish on my new VCS

Dirty Get

Looking at two of the three I have as one is not in the house my Onyx has a few minor spots in the plastic molding similar to the first image in the thread, but not as pronounced. You can only really see it in reflected light, but it is there. My original Collector's Edition has nothing like it, just the Onyx and a small amount. 

Not the best start to my vcs 

Is there alot of trouble with sleep mode. Sometimes when I put the vcs into sleep mode my tv turns off and the vcs is still on but nothing on screen. The only way to get it working again is by pressing the power button on the back for 5 seconds. Is this a normal problem. 

Also when turning on sometimes the controllers won't pair or work, I have to plug them back in to get them connected. 

6 hours ago, Dirty Get said:

Not the best start to my vcs 

Is there alot of trouble with sleep mode. Sometimes when I put the vcs into sleep mode my tv turns off and the vcs is still on but nothing on screen. The only way to get it working again is by pressing the power button on the back for 5 seconds. Is this a normal problem. 

Also when turning on sometimes the controllers won't pair or work, I have to plug them back in to get them connected. 

Sleep and standby modes on PCs have always been problematic. All except for the most tested and vetted configurations have any hope of working right. And VCS is nothing but a PC. FWIW..

I find it weird because I have had good luck with my controller waking the system but often, after that, it has trouble pairing the same controller via Bluetooth. It just communicated with that same controller…

Controller issues have been a problem for sure. Many people (including me) have run into an issue where a controller stops working in a game but works for the system UI. In that case, to fix, the controller needs to be forgotten in the system settings and then re-paired.

They also need an easy way to set the order of the controllers (1, 2, 3, 4).

I am hopeful they will address some of these issues with an update.

All that said, welcome to the VCS. I have had a lot of fun with it and hope you enjoy yours.

• Thanks 1

So would other people say they have had trouble at all with the sleep mode. It's just when I press sleep mode the console turns off and the Atari sign is on and not flashing like it should. I then can't wake the machine even though the Atari light is on. I have to press the power button to get it to respond. Anyone else had this at all 

If I reset my settings it seems to work for for a bit then goes back to playing up. 

32 minutes ago, Dirty Get said:

So would other people say they have had trouble at all with the sleep mode. It's just when I press sleep mode the console turns off and the Atari sign is on and not flashing like it should. I then can't wake the machine even though the Atari light is on. I have to press the power button to get it to respond. Anyone else had this at all 

In my experience the logo always flashes when I put it to sleep and the screen is turned off. When I hit the Fuji button on a controller, the unit wakes up and will go through the Asteroids animation and then to the login screen. I often find that it takes a while to re-pair the controller that I used to wake the unit. In the test I just did it worked perfectly - the controller got paired as the Asteroids animation was playing and was ready when I got to the login screen. But many times it seems like the unit does not re-connect to the controller and I wind up turning the controller off and back on to get it to pair.

On 8/17/2022 at 10:28 PM, Keatah said:

Sleep and standby modes on PCs have always been problematic. All except for the most tested and vetted configurations have any hope of working right. And VCS is nothing but a PC. FWIW..

That's definitely been true in the past.  It depends on having hardware that can deal with it properly and the right software.    But the VCS  is highly integrated, and AMD-based consoles (PS4, Xbox One) have had working sleep modes for years now, so I would expect that it should work on VCS.   That said I don't use it myself.

I never use sleep mode now on any of my consoles thanks to the PS5! Every time my PS5 goes into sleep mode upon waking the system it becomes corrupted and I need to reformat the data base, no idea the situation on sleep mode on PS5 these days after all the firmware updates but I’d never use it again and same with the VCS I wouldn’t bother with it either, best thing is to disable it in my opinion and turn the console of when not in use. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I never use sleep mode now on any of my consoles thanks to the PS5! Every time my PS5 goes into sleep mode upon waking the system it becomes corrupted and I need to reformat the data base, no idea the situation on sleep mode on PS5 these days after all the firmware updates but I’d never use it again and same with the VCS I wouldn’t bother with it either, best thing is to disable it in my opinion and turn the console of when not in use. 

Never ran into this issue.   Has this occured recently?   I know there were corruption issues with early PS5s that were addressed with firmware updates.

1 hour ago, zzip said:

Never ran into this issue.   Has this occured recently?   I know there were corruption issues with early PS5s that were addressed with firmware updates.

I haven’t had the problem since last late year and I’ve not tried sleep mode ever since but hopefully they have it resolved with firmware updates. 

2 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I haven’t had the problem since last late year and I’ve not tried sleep mode ever since but hopefully they have it resolved with firmware updates. 

I think it was resolved.  When I first got my PS5, I had read horror stories online.   But I also noticed that these reports were all posted several months prior and at some point people stopped reporting the issue.   I avoided rest mode at first because of that, but eventually I started using it with no ill effects

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dirty Get said:

So would other people say they have had trouble at all with the sleep mode. It's just when I press sleep mode the console turns off and the Atari sign is on and not flashing like it should. I then can't wake the machine even though the Atari light is on.

Yeah, sleep mode is busted as hell. Once in a while I can get it to go to sleep and then wake up, but only if I wake it up pretty recently after sleeping it (hours may work, days never).

The controller stuff is also all messed up as people mention.

I want the system to work, and the games and content there is are pretty good, and the UI looks pretty nice overall, but the under the hood OS polish is very poor, no way around it.