IGNORED

Spiral animation demos

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, so my apologies in advance.  My brain is like a sponge, and I get excited to learn new things...there is hopefully a method to my madness in that these are things I'd like to somehow incorporate into a game.  This is a stretch goal for me, something I'd like to do, just not yet sure I can do it.

Over the years I've seen more of these Fibonacci / Moire type spiral demos...how exactly is something like this accomplished?  I've seen some small BASIC type spirals that were cool, but they were drawn.  The video below looks different - what's the secret sauce?

My guess would be:

1. colour cycling (also often used in waterfall images)
  2. page flipping
    Multiples pages (screens) are set up in memory and the Dl (display list) is altered to select the current page to display. Flip through the pages quickly like old cartoon time flip books.

And of course you can combine them.

15 hours ago, stepho said:

My guess would be:

1. colour cycling (also often used in waterfall images)
  2. page flipping
    Multiples pages (screens) are set up in memory and the Dl (display list) is altered to select the current page to display. Flip through the pages quickly like old cartoon time flip books.

And of course you can combine them.

Color cycling is probably what I'm looking for - I referred back to the "Computer Animation Primer" and found some examples.

• Like 1