IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 5 - BurgerTime

[ Intellivision HSC Season 17 ]

[ Game 5 ]

BurgerTime

BurgerTime.jpg.9f9e627093b59fa65c8f9c061e161c1a.jpg

BurgerTime by Mattel 1982

Your chef, Peter pepper, is surrounded! Pickles and hot dogs are everywhere! Dodge down a ladder, pepper a pickle and you've escaped. They all chase after you. Run for your life to the next bun. Gobble some fries along the way and you've got some pepper -- just in case. Round up them nasties and drop them all down. You're one step closer to BURGERTIME!

burgertime.gif.54999fd765212c5b34bd7b5b142c3429.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21478/intellivision/BurgerTime-1982-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for BurgerTime

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

508,850 991,100 gavvv - SET NEW RECORD +3

Game Setting

PRESS DISC

Game Objective

Score points while building hamburgers. Avoid dangerous hotdogs, pickles and eggs. Points are scored for dropping ingredients and squashing nasties. Maximum point value is received for giving these foes a ride on a falling bun, patty, tomato, or lettuce leaf. 

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. 

Extra Score Bonus: Get a score of 40,000 pts or more and earn +1 bonus point; Get a score of 80,000 pts or more and earn +2 bonus points; Get a score of 120,000 pts or more and earn +3 bonus points. Get a score of 160,000 pts or more and earn +4 bonus points; Get a score of 200,000 pts or more and earn +5 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +5.  

Season Theme: Fan Favorites. Game chosen by gavvv.

Contest Ends
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 4TH 11:59:59 PM EASTERN TIME

(FINAL SCORES)

991,100 - gavvv [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE](+5 BONUS POINTS)(+3 SET NEW HSC RECORD)

446,000 IntellivisionMaster [+12](+5 BONUS POINTS)

182,500 - IntyFanMatt [+11](+4 BONUS POINTS)

--------------------------------------------------------

170,450 - Player One [+9](+4 BONUS POINTS)

109,650 crade [+8](+2 BONUS POINTS)

103,200 - lupovax [+7](+2 BONUS POINTS)

100,300 - Northcoastgamer [+6](+2 BONUS POINTS)

98,250 cmadruga [+5](+2 BONUS POINTS)

84,150 - Rickster8 [+4](+2 BONUS POINTS)

68,950 - wolfy62 [+3](+1 BONUS POINT)

61,400 - wongojack [+2](+1 BONUS POINT)

60,400 - fakecortex [+1](+1 BONUS POINT)

34,700 gar0u [+1]

30,350 - jimblargh [+1]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After SNAFU

72 - IntellivisionMaster

66 - Northcoastgamer

66 - Rickster8

40 - cmadruga

29 - wongojack

29 - fakecortex

28 - lupovax

27 - wolfy62

25 - JacobZu7zu7

22 - jimblargh

18 - Player One

17 - IntyFanMatt

17 - gar0u

13 - crade

9 - gavvv

1 - jblenkle

Games Won

2 - IntellivisionMaster - Stampede / SNAFU

2 - Rickster8 - Pinball / SNAFU

1 - Northcoastgamer - Q*bert

Sneak Preview:

The Dreadnaught Factor - Chosen by IntyFanMatt

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores
  • Like 3

Great start guys. This is yet another game I didn't have as a kid and I stink at it... 🥺 My personal goal is going to be a paltry 50k and that will be VERY difficult for me to get playing on DISC level..... I'm actually much better at Diner... 😏

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My First BurgerTime Entry: This one is like QBERT PART 2 for me I'm afraid. Just don't have the patience to line the baddies up together. Can barely ever get it right..... 🙄

Even with two weeks to improve I don't see it getting much better than this.... 🥺

BURGERTIME - DISC LEVEL - 26,400 POINTS!!!

BURGERTIME(26400)HSC17.jpg.81e794acb1bc43bfb587ff25e4f0fffe.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2022 at 1:08 AM, wongojack said:

Man, you guys really get the HSC going fast.

Yeah, they act like we don't play other systems around here! Hahaha.

BT on the INTV is one of my favs, so I'm happy to see pop up again. I'm sure to get creamed, but I'll have fun. And if I'm lucky, I'll get the "glitch" where Peter Pepper turns into Penelope Pepper, for anyone who recalls me going on about that. I probably uploaded a pic at some point...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Rickster8”Q-bert part 2”… Lol 😂 

@fakecortex Tex, I think this one is due only in 2.5 weeks. Rick is offering a little extra time  for those who want it! Don’t worry… I’m still on Pinball! Still haven’t played it again… it gives me anxiety just thinking about playing it. 

btw: Rick, you’re doing an awesome job moderating this thing! 👏 

Edited by IntellivisionMaster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

@Rickster8”Q-bert part 2”… Lol 😂 

@fakecortex Tex, I think this one is due only in 2.5 weeks. Rick is offering a little extra time  for those who want it! Don’t worry… I’m still on Pinball! Still haven’t played it again… it gives me anxiety just thinking about playing it. 

btw: Rick, you’re doing an awesome job moderating this thing! 👏 

Rick is an amazing host!!

BTW…I plan to submit Snafu and BT scores this weekend.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Quick BurgerTime Update: 

182,500 - IntyFanMatt (+4 BONUS POINTS)

139,550 - Player One (+3 BONUS POINTS)

98,250cmadruga (+2 BONUS POINTS)

46,650 - wongojack (+1 BONUS POINT)

30,100 - Rickster8 

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.

My BurgerTime Update: A little improvement, nothing to write home about. 🙄 This just isn't my game. 🥺 Decent port, but not a huge fan of the game. It doesn't help that I'm HORRIBLE at it....... :P:P:P 

BURGERTIME - DISC LEVEL - 30,100 POINTS!!!

BURGERTIME(30100)HSC17.jpg.649cfa09cdb20d3b1d7e5da8b63ffd1c.jpg

• Like 4

Guys!!!! Just one more time. Even though I’m great at pinball now, it’s still not a good game. It doesn’t attain the standard of an Intellivision game. At least make the ball larger and colour it grey. It’s at the level of Armor Battle. Very primitive for the Intellivision standard. 

Edited by IntellivisionMaster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gar0u said:

It's funny Rick hates this game as much as Q-bert--considering Burgertime and Q-Bert are probably my two favorite games on the Intellivision.

No no no, let me clear this up. BurgerTime is playable, it's a decent port. I don't love the game, but it's not bad, kinda fun, I'm just terrible at it.

On the other hand, Q*bert to me is the absolute worst game ever created in the history of ALL games. I hate it on the Intellivision and the Atari port is EVEN WORSE. Just an absolutely HORRIBLE HORRIBLE game.... 🤮

Does that clear it up??? :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Guys!!!! Just one more time. Even though I’m great at pinball now, it’s still a horrible game. Make the ball bigger, color it grey and give a little action in the game. Like lights, targets and sounds. Other than trying to hit the ball into a white cup there’s nothing going on! There’s slightly more action than playing “pong”. 

The game isn't great, especially the first screen is pretty boring, but the 2nd and 3rd screens are pretty cool, with some hidden stuff. Problem is it's VERY TOUGH to stay on those later screens.... There's alot to fix on this game (Pinball), but to me it's still kinda fun.... I said 'kinda' lol

• Like 2

I do admit, now that I’m better, it’s “playable”. And the second screen is more fun combined with the feeling that you succeeded in pushing up a level. It’s satisfying! I went from “I would never play this game” to “ok it’s not that bad”. I just think for the Intellivision, a much better version of pinball could have been made! 

• Like 2

I found it to be a decent pinball game once I figured things out. I would say that Flipper Slipper and Sega Flipper(which we played this season) for the Colecovision are not as good as INTV pinball. I think that David's Midnight Magic for the VCS and computers is one of the best, if not the best Pinball game for the retro video game era.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

There’s times on Q-Bert where he won’t jump, then you hit the disc hard a few times to escape Curly and Q-Bert B-lines right off the pyramid! If there’s any time to do a “*%#!!”, that’s the time! 

Yeah the controls for QBERT are TERRIBLE!!! It's like trying to play a game with Gorilla glue all over your hands... If it weren't for the HSC I'd NEVER even think of booting this game up again.... Getting over 20k for me was a miracle... GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3