IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 5 - BurgerTime

On 8/24/2022 at 8:36 AM, Rickster8 said:

Now that I got to my desired point level on this game, one MAJOR complaint if I may? 🤷‍♂️

Can those damn bonuses (ice cream / french fries / ketchup / mustard) hang around a little longer? Good grief. You hear the bell and then scramble to get there and the darn thing vanishes right before you get it.... REALLY??? C'mon Man??? Terrible game design. Needs atleast 2 or 3 more seconds so the stupid things are reachable.... 🙄🤦‍♂️

They are the worst..  I swear there is a little person controlling them somewhere giggling evilly at me and every time it's down to the wire they press a button so it disappears exactly before I get it

• Haha 3

Ok, so the mystery of the lady chef...

is just that. A mystery. I've been getting her forever. I think my inty is haunted or something, b/c I also get a color glitch on Q*bert, but it's nowhere near as fun. There, colors change and it makes it harder to play. But for BT, the chef actually looks like a brand new sprite! I think some other colors change too, but it's not as bad as Q*bert. Other than the colors/graphics, that's it, it doesn't change gameplay. Of course, she sometimes gives me good luck ;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thank you very much @gavvv for your score! You know I haven’t played this in 5 years… and the pace is insane here LOL 😂. I think on the Atari side they play one game every 2 weeks with no overlap. It’s all good! All good! (Except when you need a full year of practice to catch Gavvvvv on Burgertime). As always Ryan, fantastic score! 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Thank you very much @gavvv for your score! You know I haven’t played this in 5 years… and the pace is insane here LOL 😂. I think on the Atari side they play one game every 2 weeks with no overlap. It’s all good! All good! (Except when you need a full year of practice to catch Gavvvvv on Burgertime). As always Ryan, fantastic score! 

Untrue, they have 5 games ALL going on right now at the Atari 2600 HSC.... :P

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh really! 5 games! My bad!  I have trouble keeping up with two!

Just a quick review: I’m playing Pinball and Q-Bert… two games that frustrate the heck out of any player… followed by gavvvvv’s “zillion” points on Burgertime and next on the menu, with Inty”Robo-Thumbs”Matt drooling … Dreadnaught Factor with two impossible starting levels LOL 😂

Carry on! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Just a quick review: I’m playing Pinball and Q-Bert… two games that frustrate the heck out of any player… followed by gavvvvv’s “zillion” points on Burgertime and next on the menu, with Inty”Robo-Thumbs”Matt drooling … Dreadnaught Factor with two impossible starting levels LOL 😂

Carry on! 

Yeah, but we have Heman next, which YOU are a MONSTER on!!! :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Carry on! 

Yes at this exact moment, Sunday night at 9pm, they have QBERT, Carnival, Off The Wall, Midnight Madness and Mr. Do going, but I believe 2 are ending at Midnight tonight...... 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Won’t be able to play until the weekend. 

Disc level (Single Green Dot)

968EA543-F84C-497D-B81C-051856D0009A.jpeg

That's a great score for anyone that is NOT named Gavvv.... :P 

Seriously though, awesome score..... 😮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After SNAFU

72 - IntellivisionMaster

66 - Northcoastgamer

66 - Rickster8

40 - cmadruga

29 - wongojack

29 - fakecortex

28 - lupovax

27 - wolfy62

25 - JacobZu7zu7

22 - jimblargh

18 - Player One

17 - IntyFanMatt

17 - gar0u

13 - crade

9 - gavvv

1 - jblenkle

Games Won

2 - IntellivisionMaster - Stampede / SNAFU

2 - Rickster8 - Pinball / SNAFU

1 - Northcoastgamer - Q*bert

Edited by Rickster8
Corrected a score.

31 minutes ago, crade said:

Wow competition is fierce this season!
What season has the record number of participants?

In Season 14 we had 32 total players at the end of the season... That's the most recent record number of players, but I'm not sure that's the most ever.... 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After SNAFU

72 - IntellivisionMaster

66 - Northcoastgamer

66 - Rickster8

40 - cmadruga

29 - wongojack

29 - fakecortex

28 - lupovax

27 - wolfy62

25 - JacobZu7zu7

22 - jimblargh

18 - Player One

17 - IntyFanMatt

17 - gar0u

13 - crade

2 - gavvv

1 - jblenkle

Games Won

2 - IntellivisionMaster - Stampede / SNAFU

2 - Rickster8 - Pinball / SNAFU

1 - Northcoastgamer - Q*bert

You didn't get in my 6 points from Pinball I believe. should be a little less paltry :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 9:42 AM, Rickster8 said:

No no no, let me clear this up. BurgerTime is playable, it's a decent port. I don't love the game, but it's not bad, kinda fun, I'm just terrible at it.

On the other hand, Q*bert to me is the absolute worst game ever created in the history of ALL games. I hate it on the Intellivision and the Atari port is EVEN WORSE. Just an absolutely HORRIBLE HORRIBLE game.... 🤮

Does that clear it up??? :P 

Not when this abomination exists:

popeye.jpg.15f263eda9f47e6e2724a6715f77ab68.jpg

• Haha 3

I played a little more tonight.  I was hoping for a breakthrough, but I didn't get one.  I didn't take a photo, but my score was only a slight increase from my last post at 50,700.

There's always been something about this game that just seemed a little bit unfun to me.  I don't really get into the idea of making burgers to begin with.  The game is cute and from a game design point of view the concept has depth and is solid, but I NEVER get excited about playing as a burger chef.  Anyway, that's my problem not the game.  I've now played this for a few hours with you guys and I have a handful of gripes that make me want to reset or stop playing rather than have another go and they are (in order of annoyance)

#3 - Probably my fault, but I can't figure out when the guys spawn on top of a bun and when they spawn from the edges.  Means I get killed by a suddenly spawning enemy, and even if this is my fault because I haven't bothered to learn the rules, it still sucks when I'm headed across a burger and get surprised

#2 - The already mentioned disappearing pepper prize.  It's on the screen waaay too short a time

#1 - The least fun thing is that I'd say between 10 and 20% of the time, the pepper just doesn't come out.  You press the button and you just die.  This simply CANNOT happen.  It sucks

I also have never seen all the guys bunched on top of themselves allowing you to drop them all for 8000.  I've played the game for hours, so it must be some kind of points pressing trick which I get is fun for some people, but I don't really get into that kind of thing.

Anyway, I might play a bit more to see if something clicks, but not being able to count on my pepper really sucks.