IGNORED

NES Everdrive issues

I find when I put in a licensed cartridge in my top loader, it has perfect graphics. But if I put in my Everdrive and play a game from that, the Everdrive's graphics are all sort of staticy and not at all crisp and clear like they are on the other games. I'm wondering if other people have this issue or if it's just me, and if there's a way to fix it.

Also, since I'm using a top loader, I can see the light on the NES go on and off, I am wondering what the purpose of the light is.

2 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Also, since I'm using a top loader, I can see the light on the NES go on and off, I am wondering what the purpose of the light is.

What light on the NES top loader? The NES toaster has an LED in the Power button. If flashes when there is an issue with the 72-pin connector (dirty contacts), or when the NES Lockout chip doesn't get the correct "key" from the cart.

FamicomHVC-101.jpg

Did you ask this at VGS or am I seeing two very similar topics on this?

- Are you using a first party power supply for the NES?
- Have you updated the firmware to the newest on the ED?

- Have you tried another memory card?

The light on the ED itself is like a CD/Floppy drive light, it's to signify when the memory card is having a read/write process so it lights up so you know.

ED is known to get wonky with a low rent or dying power supply, also if the other things I listed have created some issue.

Yes, I asked this at VGS.

Yes, I'm using a Nintendo power supply

Yes, I went on the Krikzz website yesterday and downloaded the newest OS and put it on there.

I haven't tried anotehr SD card, I'll see if I can find one here

The light keeps flashing intermittently, so could it be that my NES power supply is dying? Or could it be that I just need a new TV?

• 3 weeks later...

My SD card became corrupted (a ceryain file was *something*.n.es) and couldn't be deleted. Every single game would boot to a black screen. I re formatted the sd card and now everything works perfectly. Even some games that previously didn't work that I just thought were bad dumps.