IGNORED

Air Cars - Atari Jaguar

LaymanVideoGamer

21 hours ago, Machine said:

Yeah I ordered from him a little over a year ago. Spent $58.96 Never got a game, he never replied to emails.  I think he's In over his head, but who knows could just be bad luck on my end.

I'm In same boat 3 games away from retail, air cars, world tour, and the insanely over priced brain dead 13, keep debating getting out of Jaguar.

Telegames uk has always delivered as promised, and at this point new games are cheaper then ebay in some cases if you get any of their deals...but I don't see air cars on their site.  Like braindead, it is in no way worth an inflated price, most of the navilty of being able to network Jags and play the game, so I you'll need several Jags and several copies of game.

• Like 1

I procured Aircars from Wave 1. The shipping label was created immediately, but it took like six weeks to actually ship. It didn't boot and made egregiously bad video/audio input while trying; I shut off Jag immediately, removed cart, and didn't try again, fearing some of the problems mentioned on some AA thread about poorly made carts. I didn't contact Wave 1 about it; I figured for the price, it looked cool on shelf.

I have 49 of the 50 "official" carts (including this janky Aircars) and Atari Karts is my lone holdup. Unless I happen across a copy on the sidewalk, I likely shan't get that one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Editorb said:

I procured Aircars from Wave 1. The shipping label was created immediately, but it took like six weeks to actually ship. It didn't boot and made egregiously bad video/audio input while trying; I shut off Jag immediately, removed cart, and didn't try again, fearing some of the problems mentioned on some AA thread about poorly made carts. I didn't contact Wave 1 about it; I figured for the price, it looked cool on shelf.

I have 49 of the 50 "official" carts (including this janky Aircars) and Atari Karts is my lone holdup. Unless I happen across a copy on the sidewalk, I likely shan't get that one.

You have more trouble with carts in your Jag than anyone I know.  You might want to try contacting Jeff though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

You have more trouble with carts in your Jag than anyone I know.  You might want to try contacting Jeff though.

Heh. I think the grand tally includes Aircars, which doesn't boot; Brawn & Brains and Dr. Typo Collection boot fine but menus don't work. B&B menus work about a third of the time; Dr. T worked once in about 20 attempts. I do concede the point that, hopefully, no one has more trouble than that.

(My Supercross 3D cart exhibits signs of low frame rates.)

4 hours ago, Pete5125 said:

Yeah I ordered from him a little over a year ago. Spent $58.96 Never got a game, he never replied to emails.  I think he's In over his head, but who knows could just be bad luck on my end.

Man, Jeff has really screwed a lot of people over. It is one thing to release a half baked game and sell it, but to just rip people off and never send out the game is stealing.

He needs to make good on all of them. If you ran out of parts, REFUND the money. Pretty simple. @WAVE 1 GAMES

• Like 8

On 8/18/2022 at 9:52 AM, LaymanVideoGamer said:

Does anyone know a good place to find an original copy of Air Cars for Atari Jaguar?

It's literally the last game I need to complete my Atari Jaguar library and I can not find it anywhere. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

Are you and Laymanpigeon part of a group of something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/19/2022 at 2:08 PM, Machine said:

Just a warning, Jeff still has not reportedly shipped all his orders. Buy at own risk.

He takes Paypal, so if you don't get the game within an acceptable timeframe you can always file a dispute and shouldn't have any problem getting your money back.

12 minutes ago, Sargon said:

He takes Paypal, so if you don't get the game within an acceptable timeframe you can always file a dispute and shouldn't have any problem getting your money back.

I ended up doing that. Would not recommend wasting your time.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/20/2022 at 12:20 PM, Editorb said:

I'm at about 46 -Air Cars is one I also have missing.   But I have kept the $4.99 price tag on my loose Atari Karts (which was from a used game store circa 2004 or so.)   Back then it was just out of laziness to not clean it off, but now it feels like a victory badge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thanatos said:

I'm at about 46 -Air Cars is one I also have missing.   But I have kept the $4.99 price tag on my loose Atari Karts (which was from a used game store circa 2004 or so.)   Back then it was just out of laziness to not clean it off, but now it feels like a victory badge.

You overpaid.

• Haha 6

On 8/20/2022 at 10:55 AM, Pete5125 said:

I'm In same boat 3 games away from retail, air cars, world tour, and the insanely over priced brain dead 13, keep debating getting out of Jaguar.

Telegames uk has always delivered as promised, and at this point new games are cheaper then ebay in some cases if you get any of their deals...but I don't see air cars on their site.  Like braindead, it is in no way worth an inflated price, most of the navilty of being able to network Jags and play the game, so I you'll need several Jags and several copies of game.

I sold my copy of Brain Dead 13 a few years ago on eBay. It sold pretty well... Didn't enjoy the game very much though...

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm glad I checked here first, because it sounds like I should just hold off and hope that I find one out in the wild.

I actually contacted him about K-A Air Cars because the paypal button wasn't working on his site. He responded to an email I sent him and said the button should be fixed in the next day or two. So I thought I'd put out a topic about Air Cars here in the meantime. Obviously I'm thankful I did!

Funny you should say that. I had the same issue with the PayPal button. I contacted him via the FB page. I was then sent an invoice and paid via PayPal (thankfully).

It's not gone well so far but will update you once it is resolved, with a more detailed account of what happend. 

20 minutes ago, LaymanVideoGamer said:

I actually contacted him about K-A Air Cars because the paypal button wasn't working on his site. He responded to an email I sent him and said the button should be fixed in the next day or two.

If the rest of the unsuspecting world gets lucky in general - the Paypal button will function as well as his 'game' 'code'

• Haha 3