IGNORED

Colecovision emulation - Homebrews

rogerxy

Hi

Dunno if this is the right place to post but I'm new to Colecovision emulation & having trouble with quite alot of homebrew rom files on the Colem emulator.

Out of the 120 downloaded rom files (from various places), 20 works and the rest get "Failed loading file". Have I managed to get 100 faulty rom files out of 120 or is there some compability/settings issue that I've missed?

Rom files of games from back in the days seem to be working 100% so it looks like it's homebrews only.

I imagine someone can explain it fully but I believe a lot of homebrew designed for colecovision takes advantage of after market hardware to boost some of the specs to make it closer to the capabilities of the nes and the sega mark 3, hence a big number of ports from the mark 3. I don't know if there is formal emulation for this additional hardware and hence why it might not be working. 

Thanks to any Additional posters who have better or more correct information on this.