IGNORED

Top 25 Most Valuable Intellivision Games (From 2002 to 2022)

teknohed

Hi. I spent about 20 hours putting together this video. I hope you enjoy it. 

I took the top 25 most valuable Intellivision games according to Billy Galaxy's 2002 Book "Collecting Classic Video Games" and compare them to the pricecharting CIB prices in August 2022. Find out if those games were a good investment back then.  Please share with anyone you think might be interested.

• Like 3

OK long-haul Intellivision collectors...is it just me or do most of the 2002 prices seem high?

One of the challenges to doing this is that variants make a big impact. Does the 2022 price of Turbo include the French Canadian or CBS variants (the picture used was the CBS version)? I suspect it does because PriceCharting does not differentiate Intellivision variants the way they do for some other consoles.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BigDumer said:

OK long-haul Intellivision collectors...is it just me or do most of the 2002 prices seem high?

One of the challenges to doing this is that variants make a big impact. Does the 2022 price of Turbo include the French Canadian or CBS variants (the picture used was the CBS version)? I suspect it does because PriceCharting does not differentiate Intellivision variants the way they do for some other consoles.

That is a great point, The price guide i was using does not differentiate different versions of Turbo, so i am not sure which one it is referring to. Might have to do a follow up “corrections” video that discusses variants. 

451E3E45-DCB7-4F02-BC2B-6E1E7C4C7A09.jpeg

5 hours ago, cmadruga said:

The S&P 500 cumulative return between 2002-2022 in the US was 201.54%.

I counted just 6 games on the video that beat that. 

Apparently, people hoarding Intellivision games over the last few years in hopes of making a buck did not actually do so well.

This is true,but I sure have a lot of Intellivision games!

On 8/19/2022 at 2:12 PM, BigDumer said:

There were a few 2002 prices that may have been off a little, but i liked the video. I think the prices for 2022 were right on except i think Spiker & Super Series may have been light. Well thought out video.

Thanks Tecnohed!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, cmadruga said:

The S&P 500 cumulative return between 2002-2022 in the US was 201.54%.

I counted just 6 games on the video that beat that. 

Apparently, people hoarding Intellivision games over the last few years in hopes of making a buck did not actually do so well.

S & P Stocks don't let you play a few rounds of Stadium Mud Buggies tho

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 6:13 PM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

There were a few 2002 prices that may have been off a little, but i liked the video. I think the prices for 2022 were right on except i think Spiker & Super Series may have been light. Well thought out video.

Thanks Tecnohed!

Thank you. I appreciate that.