IGNORED

My PEB likes to take naps

TIstang

So, everyone (but me) has heard this one, right?  I have a PEB that has worked well for many years, mostly.  I notice with this system that there are times when it does not respond - at all.  But 99% of the time all is good.  Well, starting last Friday the disk drive just decided it was going to stop reading disks.  Spin, spin, spin, red lights then nothing.  Checked the connections, pulled the drive, nothing evident, put it back together, still nothing. 

Fortunately, I have another PEB, a complete one.  Swap it out, problem solved.  Until this morning.  Same thing, no response spin, spin, spin red lights and all. 

There is no way both of these units have crapped out at the same time.  Everything I can tell, regarding the console seems fine. It can see the 32K in TI writer the cassette reads in etc,

Though I am going to switch out the console to see if that helps and hook up a parallel printer to see if Basic can see that through the box, I believe the original problem will persist. 

So, I wanted to get this into the ether to see if this can be resolved.

I am sure somebody out there has seen this. 

Thanks for your help.