IGNORED

Montezuma's Revenge Remastered - Featuring Panama Joe (Montezuma's Revenge Hack)

alfredtdk

11 hours ago, Bomberman94 said:

Great game and good idea for a hack - maybe you could do a PAL version please? 😃

These changes are not complicated after knowing where it can be moved without having any side effects or bugs in the ROM, for example I can activate the MR music constantly during the game, but it will not go beyond Level 1, it will be in an eternal loop in the Bonus phase, collecting hats non-stop.
Another thing I noticed, is that it seems that there was no official release of the PAL version.
I will be using a modified version converted to PAL, made by Thomas Jentzsch.

It's a 16k version, if there is a problem with the ROM I'm going to change, I'd like you to report it.

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 1

Montezuma's Revenge Remastered Test - Featuring Panama Joe (PAL, F6 conversion)

For now these are the possible modifications in the PAL version. As the PAL conversion has other encoding patterns interlaced, some patterns are repeated throughout the code, unlike the NTSC version.
Some things couldn't be changed, like a new color palette for the Panama Joe character and some icons, other than that scenery and objects like stairs are in the Remastered hack's defaults.
The code needs more analysis and if it will be possible to apply what is missing without breaking the ROM.
If later I get better results I'll post it here, for now and that's it. Hope you like it.

Captura de tela_2022-08-21_16-53-50.png

Captura de tela_2022-08-21_16-54-40.png

Captura de tela_2022-08-21_16-55-03.png

Captura de tela_2022-08-21_16-55-32.png

Montezuma's Revenge Remastered Test - Featuring Panama Joe (PAL, F6 Conversion) (Montezuma_'s Revenge Hack) (2022) (Alfredtdk).bin

• Like 1

Montezuma's Revenge Remastered - Featuring Panama Joe (PAL, F6 conversion)

Great progress, .Bomberman94 I found most of the patterns, which are scattered throughout the code. It just needs some polishing in the colors in some icons, but that will be later.
It is practically identical to the NTSC version, except for some icons that remain with the original default color. 

Captura de tela_2022-08-21_18-45-53.png

Montezuma's Revenge Remastered - Featuring Panama Joe (PAL, F6 Conversion) (Montezuma_'s Revenge Hack) (2022) (Alfredtdk).bin

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 11:52 PM, alfredtdk said:

Montezuma's Revenge Remastered - Featuring Panama Joe (PAL, F6 conversion)

Great progress, .Bomberman94 I found most of the patterns, which are scattered throughout the code. It just needs some polishing in the colors in some icons, but that will be later.
It is practically identical to the NTSC version, except for some icons that remain with the original default color. 

Captura de tela_2022-08-21_18-45-53.png

Montezuma's Revenge Remastered - Featuring Panama Joe (PAL, F6 Conversion) (Montezuma_'s Revenge Hack) (2022) (Alfredtdk).bin 16 kB · 3 downloads

Nice one - played this some time and I like it 😊👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bomberman94 said:

Played last build (PAL version): i got the torch and made to this room with 3 jewels but can’t take them - man just jumps through (other, normal jewels can be taken). Maybe these ones are only collectible without torch? 🤔

B0222874-3AFE-4662-9F52-CFD6B21496C9.jpeg

You have too many collectibles, making new collections impossible, get rid of the sword.

• Like 1