IGNORED

Coming Attractions or Vaporware?

Captain Cozmos

Oh my God! Post of the year! It's my holy grail: Dino Eggs! I'm enormously happy you're toying with the project, and I fervently wish you every success to see it completed. Not sure I can help, except in spirit, as my colecovision Z80 programming-fu isn't up to snuff.

CV without Dino Eggs is somehow incomplete. It would be a great game-- and I, think, not too taxing on the CV's available resources.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zyzzle said:

Oh my God! Post of the year! It's my holy grail: Dino Eggs! I'm enormously happy you're toying with the project, and I fervently wish you every success to see it completed. Not sure I can help, except in spirit, as my colecovision Z80 programming-fu isn't up to snuff.

CV without Dino Eggs is somehow incomplete. It would be a great game-- and I, think, not too taxing on the CV's available resources.

I just received an email giving permission from the original author.
Hopefully I can complete this game and with modern tools make it good.
This is a high end game that has history so I would like to do it some justice and not just knock out some bug filled garbage.

Edited by Captain Cozmos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Cozmos said:

I just received an email giving permission from the original author.
Hopefully I can complete this game and with modern tools make it good.
This is a high end game that has history so I would like to do it some justice and not just knock out some bug filled garbage.

Congratulations! Glad to see you have the right idea, doing it justice. In some of the later levels (8 and 9), the action can get pretty frenetic. I'd be a little worried about number of active sprites and whether it all could be done while maintaining acceptable speed. But, Robotron was done when it was "impossible" to do, right. At least I *think* Robotron was completed. Haven't heard whether it actually has gone gold or not.