IGNORED

FS: Two 3DFX Voodoo2 cards (STB and Creative) 12MB, SLI cable, loopback cable ***SOLD***

eightbit

As most know I have built myself a couple of great computers and have been bouncing back and forth with certain video cards for certain machines. I have decided the machine I had originally designated for two V2's in SLI is just fine as a Voodoo Banshee build as I am using BeOS primarily with it and it works well enough for my needs.

I was going to just stash the V2's in storage until some distant day that I will use them again, but I am not sure when (or if) that day will ever come..... and I need cash to fund my other obsession (toys of course!)

That said, I have two very nice fully functional 12MB Voodoo2 cards for sale. They come with the SLI and loopback cables. One is an STB Black Magic and the other is a Creative Labs 3D Blaster model. That said, you cannot use stock reference drivers for SLI as the stock driver does not allow mixing of two brands. Luckily we have the excellent FastVoodoo2 drivers as well as the Tribute Voodoo2 driver that have removed the "SLI lockout" and allow you to use them both in a machine in SLI mode. If you need a copy of those drivers I will include them on a CD.

I know these go for quite a sum online (I have seen $250 a card or more) but I am not going to match ebay prices. I am looking for flat out $350  $250  $200 plus $20 shipping for both cards, SLI cable, loop back cable. And sorry, I am not splitting the cards up. If you only need one, buy them both and sell one off ;)

PM if interested!

***SOLD!!!***

Edited by eightbit

23 hours ago, thanatos said:

Holy cow, a Voodoo2 goes for $250?  I really need to dig into the old pile and start selling stuff...  And my wife would certainly agree...  :D

Good luck on the sale, a new SLI build for someone would be sweet!

Thanks. Yeah, 3DFX stuff for the most part is much more highly sought after nowadays. The 8MB versions you can still get a hold of for around $130-$150 a card, but the 12MB versions are much more nowadays. I was really on the fence about even putting these up for sale as I know that I probably will never obtain them again after they are gone, but I do need to obtain some funds that are off the books (i.e.: that my wife doesn't know about...haha) in order to buy some needless toy items that I also really do not need...but kind of want.

I am willing to accept offers if anyone wants to send one, but I don't think I am going to go too much lower than what I am asking.

On 8/25/2022 at 2:36 AM, Wing_Commander said:

I could see paying this much for CIBs, but not for loose.. 😕  ... Loved these cards though.  I will have to kepp looking for my legacy gaming rig..., I might pickup an voodoo 5000 series, local shop has one for 300 loose but I don't know.. 😕

Keep dreaming. You might be able to get ONE 12MB voodoo2 CIB for the same price I am asking for two loose cards. Here's the last boxed V2 12MB card (but missing the install CD) that sold on ebay in May:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325209270176

And here's one still available if you feel like paying $350 for it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115480369871

As for the Voodoo5, its a fine card but you have to know what you are getting into. If you think grabbing a Voodoo5 with have you "covered" in terms of playing Voodoo2 games you have another thing coming. Most of the games of that era are hard coded to V2 glide DLL's. It's why so many V5 users pair up that card with two V2's in SLI and finagle with glide DLL's to get games to use either one card or the other.

Edited by eightbit

On 8/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, eightbit said:

Keep dreaming. You might be able to get ONE 12MB voodoo2 CIB for the same price I am asking for two loose cards. Here's the last boxed V2 12MB card (but missing the install CD) that sold on ebay in May:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325209270176

And here's one still available if you feel like paying $350 for it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115480369871

As for the Voodoo5, its a fine card but you have to know what you are getting into. If you think grabbing a Voodoo5 with have you "covered" in terms of playing Voodoo2 games you have another thing coming. Most of the games of that era are hard coded to V2 glide DLL's. It's why so many V5 users pair up that card with two V2's in SLI and finagle with glide DLL's to get games to use either one card or the other.

WATA syndrome is a real problem...  As for the Voodoo5 playing games that ran on the Voodoo 2, I am well aware of the generational differences ...., the issue there is just deciding on what legacy machine I would choose to go with building. I wouldn't be worried about it as most games ran pretty well on OpenGL..., so if I wanted a Glide specific rig I would go with the Voodoo 2's ..  As for pricing, I am pretty confident I can find them in the wild far cheaper than what I can find on price gouging EBAY. ;)  Note: Your pricing is far better, I just know I can locate them for less as I have seen them lying around in computer thrift shops for as little as 89 dollars in the last few years. 

Edited by Wing_Commander

7 hours ago, Wing_Commander said:

WATA syndrome is a real problem...  As for the Voodoo5 playing games that ran on the Voodoo 2, I am well aware of the generational differences ...., the issue there is just deciding on what legacy machine I would choose to go with building. I wouldn't be worried about it as most games ran pretty well on OpenGL..., so if I wanted a Glide specific rig I would go with the Voodoo 2's ..  As for pricing, I am pretty confident I can find them in the wild far cheaper than what I can find on price gouging EBAY. ;)  Note: Your pricing is far better, I just know I can locate them for less as I have seen them lying around in computer thrift shops for as little as 89 dollars in the last few years. 

I haven't seen a "computer thrift shop" in ...well... never! Lol.

If you have one of these where you live and people are offloading Voodoo's for $89 a piece, go for it! 

As for mine, prices are negotiable. Not $89 each negotiable, but I am willing to listen to offers from anyone who is interested. 

Thanks!

On 9/2/2022 at 7:50 AM, eightbit said:

If you have one of these where you live and people are offloading Voodoo's for $89 a piece, go for it! 

As for mine, prices are negotiable. Not $89 each negotiable, but I am willing to listen to offers from anyone who is interested. 

Thanks!

Been a while since I have seen a Voodoo2 specifically..., probably about 3 years ago...roughly.. Yeah, there still exist old computer thrift shops. There is one not far from my house, like a little shop and he repairs old pc hardware etc. However, yes it is hard to find these but they can certainly be found much cheaper than Ebay or even what you are charging. I hope that isn't taken as an offense to ya as it isn't intended as such. I can understand not wanting to sell for 89 dollars, I wouldn't either :)  I was just noting that I will keep looking around in the wild for some as I am pretty confident I will find some :)  

Cheers!

On 9/2/2022 at 7:50 AM, eightbit said:

Thanks!

I just literally put in a PM to purchase this Voodoo 2 for $100.. Not 89, but close enough. Just need to find another one :)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1137758750350765/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A9be80405-4134-4a34-b3c0-32ac17d6a94e

On 9/2/2022 at 5:50 AM, eightbit said:

As for mine, prices are negotiable. Not $89 each negotiable

Fiiiiine. $91.27, but only if you don't ask how I came up with such an offer.

(I get it when people call out potential scams or ripoffs, but I've never understood the "I CAN GET IT CHEAPER" posts in legitimate sales threads, especially with established and good sellers.)

• Like 3

Anyway, to get back on track. I am willing to go as low as $250 for the set, so $125 per card. But that is the lowest I will go. Anything less is not worth it to me really to sell them.

I have adjusted the price in the main post as well. $250 (plus $20 shipping via large flat rate priority mail) will get you both cards SLI cable and loopback cable. 

Thanks!

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 5:50 AM, eightbit said:

Not sure where you live, but look up Goodwill Computer Works. There's only like a dozen throughout the country (and not sure if they all survived the pandemic), but when I lived in Austin it was a great little store for finding all kinds of odd stuff.

They used to have huge 'dump sales' every 6 months, with giant bins full of damn near anything you could think of.  $25 for whatever you could stuff in you car, $50 if you had a pickup truck...

Miss those days...  :)

Good luck with the sale, I've never been able to forget those crazy 3DFX commercials.  Some of the best marketing I had ever seen...  :)

I have heard about those Goodwill computer stores (mostly on Youtube) but in my area there is nothing of the sort. I live in NJ.

A few years ago (maybe more than a few years ago now) my local Goodwills (standard stores) used to take in entire computers as well as CRT TV's. None of them take either nowadays. I can understand both. CRT's are just too heavy to manipulate and there is always the fear that they will sell a computer with sensitive data. I do not think any of my Goodwill locations have people that know how to remove and destroy/wipe hard drives, etc.

So now all we get are flat screen monitors and stacks of keyboards. Occasionally (VERY rarely) you'll see a boxed peripheral or card of some type. Maybe a modem or NIC or if you are super lucky some cheap sound card.

And deals are not to be had either. They'll stick a $150 price sticker on a DV camcorder.

I think the last time I found a good deal on anything was a boxed $50 Sega Saturn console, but that was around 2007 ;)

Edited by eightbit

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know what these are but I sure did have fun reading the topic haha

We have a computer thrift here in MN, they take donations and sell parts (or working computers) to people.

I think the profits go to bees or aids or maybe bees with aids or something. I bought a cheap Xbox from them once...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

I don't even know what these are but I sure did have fun reading the topic haha

These were early enthusiast 3D cards from the DotCom era years ago. Hot shit at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3dfx_Interactive

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

I think the profits go to bees or aids or maybe bees with aids or something. I bought a cheap Xbox from them once...

Love it!