IGNORED

Puff BBS Work Collaboration needed

Hi:

I am in need of help from the community with Puff BBS, I have got a problem, all of my files except for one disk are on Spartados and Spartados and Puff BBS do not play together properly to put it mildly. I need a way of getting all of Alfreds files from Spartados into Mydos, I believe that was the original version. If anyone is interested or has a complete copy on Mydos then please contact me. For now FXEP is on hold and its Puff all of the way. 

Russ

Edited by rcamp48
typos

27 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I should clarify, I ran it under 3.2D, I have no idea if it works under SDX.

I am running 33a, what are the XIO commands to "C:" and how do I emulate that dongle, I know that Altirra does support the use of a joystick dongle, have you any idea of what the dongle should return as far as a hex code? I can put anything in the space where the dongle should return something.

Once I get that solved I will put a gosub 30000 plus code to read the joystick dongle in Atari Basic, simply removing the xio commands will break the program but if I emulate it properly then I can set it up right.

I would love to eventually get this BBS running again, it would be fun to do.

There is another reference to "M:" , that must be the MultiIO , something else I can also emulate.

Russ

No, M: will refer to the Multiplexer device. 33a is Carden’s disassembled version of 3.2D that he updated for use with BBS Express Pro, if I recall correctly. He changed a bunch of stuff for no reason, like the S at $0700 is now R for RealDos. Unless you’re running Pro, there’s no reason to use RealDos.

As for the dongle, I don’t know. In the other Puff BBS thread I think someone disassembled the MOE and posted the wiring for the dongle. I don’t know offhand how you can implement ring detection in Altirra such that it will work with the bbs. Probably have to modify the code to watch for the CONNECT string and also patch the MOE to remove the dongle check.

11 hours ago, Alfred said:

As for the dongle, I don’t know. In the other Puff BBS thread I think someone disassembled the MOE and posted the wiring for the dongle. I don’t know offhand how you can implement ring detection in Altirra such that it will work with the bbs. Probably have to modify the code to watch for the CONNECT string and also patch the MOE to remove the dongle check.

That would be me :)

These basic files are missing:

CHAT2.MOD
 SURVEY.MOD
 SYSMENU.MOD
 UPDATE.MOD