IGNORED

Hell's Halls: The Type-In Edition - An Eight Page Magazine Spread

pixelpedant

I would recommend adding CHECKSUM to any type in programs that may come to pass. It was used in MICROpendium for quite a few years.

It sure helped out on debugging programs that were typed in.

Of course, you have to load in the CHECKSUM monitor program before you start typing, but it was no big deal. 

• Like 1

By popular demand (well, that may be going a bit far, but a few people did ask for such a thing or suggest it be offered), I've added a Digital Download Edition of Hell's Halls to my site, with both of the game's two (Side A and Side B) versions in all possibly desirable formats, as well as the game's pack-in materials, cassette labels, and a revised and improved version of the type-in version posted here (with more comments, throughout). 

If you purchased the game previously and would like the Digital Download Edition as well (with the updated type-in version magazine spread being the main reason one might want it, it seems to me), just message me with your name or the top-secret identity under which you purchased (some of you I know of course, but some I don't) and I'll send you a link.  You do not need to purchase it again. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! 

A couple hints:

- Since timing for attacks is quite tight (especially as of level 2 and up), it can be easier and more effective to preemptively hold down the attack button in any given desired direction for each attack and release it immediately upon the attack's execution, rather than tapping it only precisely when an attack is intended.  TI BASIC just doesn't have the luxury of fast input handling, so control is a little odd in this way. 

- The Main Game's timer offers only enough time to complete the dungeon by finding efficient paths and picking up items along the way in an expedient manner, that maximises gold collected while minimising steps.  Only in the Second Quest game variant can one really explore the dungeon levels completely without worrying about a timer. 

• Like 4