IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 6 - The Dreadnaught Factor

[ Intellivision HSC Season 17 ]

[ Game 6 ]

The Dreadnaught Factor

Dreadnaught_Factor_The.jpg.512f8165ccd86be0325f57eb02b13976.jpg

The Dreadnaught Factor by Activision 1983

Sit tall. Breathe deep. And gather all your courage. Zorban Dreadnaughts, the most imposing battlecraft ever, fill the heavens and threaten planet Terra. Pilot your Novaray Hyperfighter through the stargate and stop the goliath aggressors by destroying their vital energy vents. Skill and cunning are your only advantage. If any dreadnaught reaches the stargate.... Terra will be lost!

dreadnaught_factor_the.gif.21dae319bfd58367287b72534f5cccd4.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21497/intellivision/Dreadnaught-Factor-The-1983-Activision.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for The Dreadnaught Factor

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

SET NEW COMBINED RECORD +3 

Game Setting

PLAYER'S CHOICE. PICK ANY 2 GAMES FROM THE LIST OF GAMES 4, 5, 6 OR 7. THE COMBINATION OF GAMES CHOSEN MUST EQUAL 11. SO IF YOU FIRST CHOOSE TO PLAY GAME 4 THEN IT MUST BE PAIRED WITH GAME 7. IF YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY GAME 5 FIRST THEN IT MUST BE PAIRED WITH GAME 6 AND VICE VERSA. YOU CAN PLAY ALL 4, BUT THE PAIRING MUST BE CORRECT WHEN YOU POST A COMBINED SCORE. PRESS BUTTON 4 FOR GAME 4, BUTTON 5 FOR GAME 5, BUTTON 6 FOR GAME 6 OR BUTTON 7 FOR GAME 7. PLEASE POST BOTH SCREEN PICS FOR EACH SUBMITTED COMBINED SCORE. 

Game Objective

Defeat as many dreadnaught battlecrafts that you can by using your Novaray Hyperfighter to shoot and bomb the behemoth ships. Score as many points as you can. The more ships you defeat the more points you get. Survive, crush and conquer the enemy. There are 5 possible ships that you will face. The Triangle, the Double Prong, the Donut, the Cigar and the DREADED Razor. You will always start out against the Triangle, after that the ships chosen are completely random. GOOD LUCK... You're gonna need it... 

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. 

Extra Score Bonus: Get a combined score of 5,000 pts or more and earn +1 bonus point; Get a combined score of 10,000 pts or more and earn +2 bonus points; Get a combined score of 15,000 pts or more and earn +3 bonus points; Get a combined score of 20,000 pts or more and earn +4 bonus points; Get a combined score of 25,000 pts or more and earn +5 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +5.  

Season Theme: Fan Favorites. Game chosen by IntyFanMatt.

Contest Ends
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11TH 11:59:59 PM EASTERN TIME

(FINAL SCORES)

28,933 - IntyFanMatt [+13](+5 BONUS POINTS)(+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE)(+3 SET NEW INTY HSC COMBINED RECORD) - NEW LEVEL 5 INTY HSC RECORD (21,856 POINTS)

23,594 - Rickster8 [+12](+4 BONUS POINTS) - NEW LEVEL 4 INTY HSC RECORD (12,086 POINTS) NEW LEVEL 6 INTY HSC RECORD (10,233 POINTS)

20,704 - wongojack [+11](+4 BONUS POINTS) 

---------------------------------------------------------------

20,302 - IntellivisionMaster [+9](+4 BONUS POINTS)

16,618 - wolfy62 [+8](+3 BONUS POINTS) 

11,114 crade [+7](+2 BONUS POINTS)

10,202 - Northcoastgamer [+6](+2 BONUS POINTS)

8,153 - Player One [+5](+1 BONUS POINT)

7,569 - lupovax [+4](+1 BONUS POINT)

7,357 - jimblargh [+3](+1 BONUS POINT)

7,346 - cmadruga [+2](+1 BONUS POINT)

7,094 - jblenkle [+1](+1 BONUS POINT)

3,879 - gavvv [+1]

2,083 - fakecortex [+1]

727 - gar0u [+1]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After BurgerTime

89 - IntellivisionMaster

74 - Northcoastgamer

72 - Rickster8

47 - cmadruga

37 - lupovax

32 - gavvv

32 - wongojack

32 - IntyFanMatt

31 - fakecortex

31 - Player One

31 - wolfy62

25 - JacobZu7zu7

23 - jimblargh

23 - crade

18 - gar0u

1 - jblenkle

Games Won

2 - IntellivisionMaster - Stampede / SNAFU

2 - Rickster8 - Pinball / SNAFU

1 - Northcoastgamer - Q*bert

1 - Gavvv - BurgerTime

Sneak Preview:

Heman - Master's of the Universe - Chosen by jimblargh

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores

This is an excellent game (maybe the best), but if I remember correctly, game 6 is quite difficult.  Should be an interesting round.

Edit - I made this comment thinking we were going to play game 6, but in actuality, this is GAME 6 of this high score club competition.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wongojack said:

This is an excellent game (maybe the best), but if I remember correctly, game 6 is quite difficult.  Should be an interesting round.

Agreed. This game is definitely in the top 10 Inty games of all time. It’s so well done. And yes, game 6 AND 7 are BRUTAL!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3

Here is my first half of my first Dreadnaught combo submission. I started off with Level 7, will hopefully get to add Level 4 later today. 🤷‍♂️

This is the best I have ever done on the DREADED Level 7. I killed off 5 Dreadnaughts and got crushed on the 6th one. Miraculously I escaped facing the HORRIBLE RAZOR Dreadnaught ship. I went up against the Triangle 3 times, the Cigar once and the Donut twice. The Purple Stargate indicates Level 7. 👍

DREADNAUGHT FACTOR - LEVEL 7 - 6,821 POINTS!!!! (LEVEL 4 to be added soon).... 

DREADNAUGHT(6821)LEVEL7HSC17.jpg.69057699f5bfa131554c97aea524bbb1.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 3

My First Combined Dreadnaught Factor Entry: Played great on Level 7, somewhat disappointed in my first go at Level 4. I got VICTORY, but need about 250 more points for my personal goal of 17,500 points!!! I got the DREADED RAZOR ship TWICE!!! 🙄🥺

The Green Stargate means Level 4, the Purple Stargate means Level 7....

DREADNAUGHT FACTOR - LEVEL 4 - 10,437 POINTS!!!

DREADNAUGHT FACTOR - LEVEL 7 - 6,821 POINTS!!!

COMBINED DREADNAUGHT FACTOR SCORE = 17,258 POINTS!!!

DREADNAUGHT(10437)HSC17.jpg.17dbcd24963e3a4a46341c3d86081f03.jpgDREADNAUGHT(6821)LEVEL7HSC17.jpg.e5098ee90d4dd8997e462864f6448e4b.jpg

• Like 7

My 2nd Attempt at Level 4 was a little better. I lost one less ship than before. I only had to face the DREADED Razor once and that came 2nd so I didn't have to stomach those deadly GIANT cannons. You know the ones that make you squeal with fright every time they fire? 🥺😵

The Green Stargate means Level 4, the Purple Stargate means Level 7....

PERSONAL GOAL OF 17,500 COMBINED POINTS ACHIEVED!!! 😁👍🍺

DREADNAUGHT FACTOR - LEVEL 4 - 11,124 POINTS!!!

DREADNAUGHT FACTOR - LEVEL 7 - 6,821 POINTS!!!

COMBINED DREADNAUGHT FACTOR SCORE = 17,945 POINTS!!!

DREADNAUGHT(11124)LEVEL4HSC17.jpg.3d8737eb2cdb8d7f87558b2eabfd77c8.jpgDREADNAUGHT(6821)LEVEL7HSC17.jpg.c4cb82e783f2523fe3c9def0109d6dba.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 4

Here's a first effort from me.  I can do better.

Game 4 7,410

Game 7 2,505

You've set a good goal to shoot for @Rickster8.  I had never actually tried to play game 7 before yesterday.  I'm not sure I can destroy 4 dreadnaughts on that level or not, but I'm gonna try.  This game is so amazing to have on the Intellivision.

image.thumb.jpeg.251b22c7a9be260a19afba10dd4a8ed1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ff73710ee7bece9ae765348733d13390.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, wongojack said:

Here's a first effort from me.  I can do better.

Game 4 7,410

Game 7 2,505

You've set a good goal to shoot for @Rickster8.  I had never actually tried to play game 7 before yesterday.  I'm not sure I can destroy 4 dreadnaughts on that level or not, but I'm gonna try.  This game is so amazing to have on the Intellivision.

image.thumb.jpeg.251b22c7a9be260a19afba10dd4a8ed1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ff73710ee7bece9ae765348733d13390.jpeg

Nice job, I'm a novice at this game compared to Matt though. Once he gets going, ain't nobody beating him on this one...... 😵

In my opinion this game is definitely Top 5 in all the Inty Library, could be Top 3, but for now I'm going ALL IN on Top 5!!!!!

• Like 3

Lol, you know how they show you the ship that you are about to face in the next level? Well when that ship is the Razor, I feel a little sick to my stomach. It's like when the Teacher used to post your grades on the wall and you were expecting an 'A' and you got a 'C' instead? That's exactly how I feel..... 🥺🥺😨

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol, you know how they show you the ship that you are about to face in the next level? Well when that ship is the Razor, I feel a little sick to my stomach. It's like when the Teacher used to post your grades on the wall and you were expecting an 'A' and you got a 'C' instead? That's exactly how I feel..... 🥺🥺😨

I felt that way when you suggested we play game 7 . . . 

• Haha 4

Quick Dreadnaught Factor Update: 

00,000 - IntyFanMatt (+? BONUS POINTS)

17,945 - Rickster8 (+3 BONUS POINTS)

11,507 - wongojack (+2 BONUS POINTS)

7,346 - cmadruga (+1 BONUS POINT)

7,094 - jblenkle (+1 BONUS POINT)

6,685 - crade (+1 BONUS POINT)

5,037 - lupovax (+1 BONUS POINT)

NOTE: I'M CURRENTLY IN FIRST PLACE CUZ MATT HASN'T PLAYED YET!!! :P

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I played quite a bit last night, but I couldn't beat my previous score of 2505 on game 7.  I had one game that went very well early, and I almost beat it without even defeating the second D'naught, but it was that "flat" ship where the engines are really hard to take out.  He's just too fast to take down in time.  Sort of like the opposite of the Razor - almost a straight vertical line.

<Checks Manual>

It is actually called the Janyx Razor that is hard to slow down.  @Rickster8 Maybe that is what you meant?  I assumed you meant the ship on a horizontal line which is called the Beta Flame.

image.thumb.jpeg.c7f067f421d1586139f0d727cb005afb.jpeg

No the Razor stands vertically upright. It looks like an actual head of a Razor. When that ship has it's LARGE cannons working it's VERY hard to beat..... I call that one DEATH FROM ABOVE because it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo tall!!!!! :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

More manual reading . . . I've actually never noticed this sentence before

"Silos house the planet-destroying mega-missiles.  To save Terra from these missiles, drop strontium bombs on all the silos."

Does that mean if you take out the silos that the Dreadnaught can't destroy the planet?  If so, I did not know that and will try to exploit it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wongojack said:

More manual reading . . . I've actually never noticed this sentence before

"Silos house the planet-destroying mega-missiles.  To save Terra from these missiles, drop strontium bombs on all the silos."

Does that mean if you take out the silos that the Dreadnaught can't destroy the planet?  If so, I did not know that and will try to exploit it.

If you take out the silos the ships will explode. In essence yes it will stop THAT ship, but there will always be another one behind it unless you are playing Level 4 where there are only 5 total ships to face. 

EDIT: Yes I meant 'Energy Vents'. If those are all destroyed the ship explodes...... 

Edited by Rickster8
Correction

37 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

If you take out the silos the ships will explode. In essence yes it will stop THAT ship, but there will always be another one behind it unless you are playing Level 4 where there are only 5 total ships to face. 

I think you are referring to "Energy Vents."  If you destroy the Energy Vents the ship explodes.  Of course, I've done this, but the "Silos" are the black, sort of rectangular shaped, spots with a little white dot.  The manual implies that if you destroy all 5 of those (It says there are 5 on each ship. I've never counted.) then it won't be able to fire the planet destroying missiles.  Since I've never seen a DNaught get to the hyperspace point and NOT launch its missiles, I am skeptical about this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I think you are referring to "Energy Vents."  If you destroy the Energy Vents the ship explodes.  Of course, I've done this, but the "Silos" are the black, sort of rectangular shaped, spots with a little white dot.  The manual implies that if you destroy all 5 of those (It says there are 5 on each ship. I've never counted.) then it won't be able to fire the planet destroying missiles.  Since I've never seen a DNaught get to the hyperspace point and NOT launch its missiles, I am skeptical about this.

Hmmmm, okay I will test this later...... 🤷‍♂️