IGNORED

ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING A GLITCH IN AZTEC CHALLENGE?

Neogeoman

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH AZTEC CHALLENGE? IVE TRIED THE GAME ON TWO DIFFERENT COLECOVISIONS BOTH WITH AND WITHOUT THE SGM INSERTED AND ITS THE SAME. THE FIRST LEVEL PLAYS FINE FOR A LITTLE BIT THEN I KEEP DYING FOR NO APPARENT REASON. I EITHER DIE BEFORE THE ARROW TOUCHES ME OR AFTER I JUMP OVER AND CLEAR IT I DIE. THIS IS CONSISTENT AND IT KEEPS HAPPENING SOMETIMES MY CHARACTER KEELS OVER WHEN THE ARROW MAKES ITS APPEARANCE ON THE SCREEN. I DONT GET IT... TRIED PULLING THE CART AND REINSERTING IT AND NOTHING THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE. ANY ONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS? THANKS

Do you have a Coleco or CBS version of the ColecoVision?

Have your systems been modded in anyway such as a different version of the BIOS or the ground plane screw above the cartridge connector was removed.

Have you tested other games on these systems to make sure they are working properly and there isn’t a possible issue with overheating of the power supply, bad RAM, etc.

Do you have the means to dump the cart to a rom image and test the resulting dump with an emulator an or with the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart?

The issue you describe is VERY odd to say the least and would seem more like a faulty cart and even the it such an odd issue that a faulty cart doesn’t seem like a possibility.

23 hours ago, NIAD said:

Do you have a Coleco or CBS version of the ColecoVision?

Have your systems been modded in anyway such as a different version of the BIOS or the ground plane screw above the cartridge connector was removed.

Have you tested other games on these systems to make sure they are working properly and there isn’t a possible issue with overheating of the power supply, bad RAM, etc.

Do you have the means to dump the cart to a rom image and test the resulting dump with an emulator an or with the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart?

The issue you describe is VERY odd to say the least and would seem more like a faulty cart and even the it such an odd issue that a faulty cart doesn’t seem like a possibility.

I'm using it on two modded colecovisions that now have av mods. As far as I know they have no other mods other than that. I guess I can dig out my original unmodded coleco and also try it on my PHOENIX. If that doesn't work I think it's a bad cart. 

Def test the cart on your original CV and Phoenix.

On your 2 AV modded CVs, open the cartridge slot flap and shine a flashlight in. Check that there is a screw that fastens the PCB to the bottom plastic housing just above the cartridge connector. I think that you should be able to see it otherwise a small mirror might be needed.