IGNORED

Found please delete

adamchevy

@adamchevy The main issue in regards to the heavy sixer is the mounting of the AV output jacks. The lower plastic is too thick in most instances to do it properly and the upper portion of the case shell is too flimsy to last long term without possible cracking from the stress of plugging/unplugging cables. If you are ONLY wanting the component and audio, then in the case of the H6 it might be best to purchase a set of component+audio RCA cables and have one end cut and have that soldered to the outputs from the RGB board. If you also wanted composite and the s-video, then it gets a bit crowded but I suppose still doable with additional wiring coming out of it.

The component part is a separate purchase to the main RGB btw if you didn't know. About another $20 added for the small daughterboard that connects to it.

14 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@adamchevy The main issue in regards to the heavy sixer is the mounting of the AV output jacks. The lower plastic is too thick in most instances to do it properly and the upper portion of the case shell is too flimsy to last long term without possible cracking from the stress of plugging/unplugging cables. If you are ONLY wanting the component and audio, then in the case of the H6 it might be best to purchase a set of component+audio RCA cables and have one end cut and have that soldered to the outputs from the RGB board. If you also wanted composite and the s-video, then it gets a bit crowded but I suppose still doable with additional wiring coming out of it.

The component part is a separate purchase to the main RGB btw if you didn't know. About another $20 added for the small daughterboard that connects to it.

I was planning on going the component route with the daughter board option.  I think this can be offered through the existing RF hole without the need to drill more holes.  I have seen them done with vga dsub output before, but this is a more damaging option upon giving it some thought.

37 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

I think this can be offered through the existing RF hole without the need to drill more holes.  I have seen them done with vga dsub output before, but this is a more damaging option upon giving it some thought.

You are talking about what I mentioned above regarding just attaching a set of component+audio cables directly off the RGB output with the cable ran through the RF output.

As for the VGA, I'm not sure how that would be directly off the RGB board though.