IGNORED

Arcade Paradise

Zeptari

On 9/2/2022 at 4:27 PM, glazball said:

That page doesn't load for me, but I'm at work where some sites are blocked.

Care to describe it and let us know what you love about it?  Is it a compilation of old games or something else?

It’s a game where you inherit a laundromat and turn it into an arcade one game at a time. There are dozens of fake classic arcade games in it. I need to pick it up.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, glazball said:

Still a bit confused.  It is a business sim, or do you actually get to play the arcade games?  I'll hunt down a YT review soon I suppose.

It is more of a minigame anthology. The meat of it is the arcade after the first hour or two is spent washing clothes. My parents would be so proud of me.

• Haha 1

Correct. Mini game anthology is a good description. Short and sweet. Even when the Laundromat part was unnecessary as I was making so much money in my arcade I was still loading items into the washer. Go figure. Lots of fun. I spent 16 hours playing over a few days and didn’t want to put it down. I have about 20 games unlocked now. Some are simple 2600 like games . Or a Pac-Man/GTA mash up that’s really fun… drive a car while grabbing cash and the corner power ups transform you into a tank. Get caught and run back to you car while throwing musical notes at the cops like food fight.. and I also Love the daily (in game) challenges.At $20 it’s a bargain. Ohh and the windows 98? Like pc you use to buy\unlock new arcade machines and way more features is a blast. 

10A265A3-5436-4F0C-A67E-310A2F1AE846.jpeg

you even have a pda to check your progress and high scores with friends..very cool.

Edited by Zeptari1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2022 at 8:04 AM, Cobra Kai said:

I've started playing this. How do you guys find so much time to play the arcade games? I spend most of my time picking up trash and doin laundry.

Yeah I felt the same way too at first. Of course after a while you’ll find ways to make that less of a burden. Keep playing and you’ll see.😉🤐 and some of the games are so well done… The clones of: Qix, Pac-Man and Missile Command. The Astroids inspired game kind of stinks though. 

• Like 1

Well without giving anything away, I figured out you can avoid certain things all together, and I think that's part of the joke. Some of the games are really fun, and some are not. The game I like a bunch is Zombat, and Woodgal Adventure is pretty good too. I dislike the Dart game and UFO Alert. I actually think the Dart game is out of place, I wouldn't put one in my arcade. I find Darts more suited to a bar and/or pool hall setting.

I would have liked to see the game selection less scripted. So everyone who plays this, you'll get the same 5 games to start with, and then the next 5 games are the same and so on. It would be interesting to have a more open ended game selection so your arcade can become somewhat different than everyone else'. I would also like to see more options for the decorations such as different carpet and neon signs/posters. Another minor complaint is that I would like consistency with the AI bots that appear to be playing the games, and that games' popularity. What I mean is, I always see a person playing the Cyber Dance machine despite it not being a big money maker. But my Racer Chaser game is my most popular game, but I never see any people playing it.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 8:38 PM, Cobra Kai said:

Another minor complaint is that I would like consistency with the AI bots that appear to be playing the games, and that games' popularity. What I mean is, I always see a person playing the Cyber Dance machine despite it not being a big money maker. But my Racer Chaser game is my most popular game, but I never see any people playing it.

This is a detail I would’ve never noticed. Didn’t even cross my mind once. 

On 9/20/2022 at 8:38 PM, Cobra Kai said:

I would also like to see more options for the decorations such as different carpet and neon signs/posters.

Maybe if the game sells very well we’ll see a sequel and get these options. Maybe even a custom floor layout editor with ability to add a second floors.

I played the darts in GTA5 so I actually enjoyed playing this version. I dislike the UFO game at first. Once you start timing your shots perfectly you can land it and move onto the next level. Yeah I had a lot of fun with the Zombat game too. The upgraded gun drops seems very unbalanced. You might get two games in a row with drops of alot of grenades and upgraded weapons and then you might play five games in a row when you don’t get anything hardly. 

I haven’t played in about a week I gotta get back into it. 

• Like 1

Started playing this morning and got through the first two days.  I'm hoping I can hire someone to take care of the laundry side of the business eventually as I spent most of the time cleaning and doing laundry and have barely touched the arcade games so far.

My OCD is bothered that there is a sock in the arcade room that the game won't let me pick up.  Is there a faster way to put money in the safe?  Doing the combination every time is getting old.  I haven't tried staying late and passing out yet because I was afraid I would be robbed or vandalized.

Even with some of the nitpicks, I'm still enjoying this game.  It certainly reminds me of some of the jobs I worked in my teen years.

• Like 1

Had a blast playing this over the weekend and finished the main story.  Now I'm down to grinding for currency to finish buying the upgrades and working on individual game challenges.  My arcade still has open spots I'd love to fill with some DLC if the developers so choose.

Here are some ideas for new machines:

Pinball

Joust clone

Dig Dug clone

Up the ladders - Donkey Kong / Kangaroo / etc

Some kind of gun game - Crossbow / area 51 / Terminator

Avenue Aggressor 2 - fighter clone

Gauntlet clone

Defender clone

Centipede clone

Rampage clone

Dragons Lair clone

Golden Axe clone

NBA Jam clone

A twin stick shooter like Robotron 2084

Moon Patrol clone

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked this game up over Black Friday sales (mainly due to the positive word of mouth here) and just started it this week.  I've made it to Friday, in-game.

Without giving away any major spoilers .... when does the game start to get fun??  I mean, so far... it's interesting... but doing fucking laundry isn't my idea of a good time.  I'll stick with it though.

When do you get to play the games?  Am I too impatient or am I missing something?  Sure you can ignore the laundry and spend all day playing something, but eventually you have to just hop out in the middle of your game, losing progress.  I hope that changes later.  I wonder if it's possible to simply never play any of the games and just manage the laundromat (if one was lame enough to take that path).

@Atari_Warlord asked earlier - is there a faster way to open the safe, perhaps later in the game? 

• Like 1

Eventually there is a list of items you can buy with the money you earn doing the daily tasks.  One of them is a better safe that doesn't have the manual lock.

There are still a few things I wish could be improved.  The item that is supposed to reduce the machine breakdowns doesn't feel like it does anything and ends up feeling like a waste of money.  Why can't I pay the kid that empties the machines to clean the place (and maybe fix the machines)?

• Like 1

Thanks for that info!  I spent some more time with the game last night, and I admit it really has a lot of charm.  I bought the first expansion and had my first "oh I get it" moment.  Still busting my ass doing laundry though!

I looked over the trophy list and see that some of the trophies are for completing in-game games, like finishing all 3 levels of the Pac-Man/GTA clone.  So I answered my own question from earlier that yes, there must be a point where you have time to play the games and git gud at them.

I find it a bit humorous that the laundromat is "full service."  In every laundromat I've been in, there's rarely an employee - much less one who takes your basket of dirty cum socks, washes and dries them while you stand around.  I wish I could talk to the customers though.  I'd like to find out which of those dirty bastards is throwing trash and sticking gum all over.  Buncha savages in this town.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, glazball said:

I find it a bit humorous that the laundromat is "full service."  In every laundromat I've been in, there's rarely an employee - much less one who takes your basket of dirty cum socks, washes and dries them while you stand around.  I wish I could talk to the customers though.  I'd like to find out which of those dirty bastards is throwing trash and sticking gum all over.  Buncha savages in this town.

The laundromat I have to go to when my washer or dryer breaks down is full service.   I think they'll even deliver it to your house when finished.

It was a shock the first couple times I went there.   Sure, they'll let you do your own laundry, but you can't drop coins in the machine, you have to pay them directly and they enable the machine.

• Like 1