IGNORED

New Fonts for 7800basic

I worked on creating some new fonts off and on today and I thought I'd share my progress.  I've got a few more in mind I'd like to create and I'll share them in this thread when I'm finished. Feel free to use any of these in of your own projects.  

Use the following default alphachars statement in your code to use these fonts:

alphachars ' ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.!?,"$():~abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz`;@*+/[]-0123456789'

I'm also including the test program code I wrote to view the fonts.  Wow, I didn't know until I got started how tedious it is to make fonts!

Broderbund:

font_broderbund.png

screenshot_broderbund.png

Fantasy:

font_fantasy.png

screenshot_fantasy.png

Italic:

font_italic.png

screenshot_italic.png

Space:

font_space.png

screenshot_space.png

font_test.bas

Edit: Here's a zip file with all of the fonts that I posted in this thread:

AtariusMaximus_Font_Collection.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Karl!

Here's another one.  Anyone can use it of course, but I'm likely going to use this one as my go-to because it really hits that nostalgia button for me.  I used my Commodore 64 from 1982 all the way through college until my first x86 PC in 1992. :) It's the complete Commodore 64 standard font set, minus all of the PETSCII special characters.  It's a bit larger than those in the first post so the alphachars statement is a bit different for this one:

alphachars '#ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.!?,"$():&abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz%;@*+/[]-0123456789<=>`{}~ '

font_commodore64_standard.png

screenshot_commodore.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These fonts will also work in 320A with a zone height of 8, but need to be copied in to a new image that's only 8 pixels tall.  I made that adjustment and did a quick test with the commodore font.  I noticed in 320A that a few of the characters were one pixel off so I made a few minor changes.  It's possible there are a few more minor tweaks needed - it's pretty easy for anyone to fix if you want to use these image files.

Here's the commodore font adjusted for 320A.

I think I'm done with this little side project now.  I hope someone gets some use out of these. :)

Also, here's a zip file of all the images I've shared in this post.  I added it to the first post as well.

AtariusMaximus_Font_Collection.zip

font_commodore64_standard_320.png

screenshot_c64_320.png

• Like 6

Is there any chance that we could have any font/gfx standard on A7800?

I know is easy to import png file for 7800basic and also WUDSN can do this easily for ASM.

Using MADS I don't need convert A8 or C64 fonts because I have macros to do it. 

But A7800 even don't have extension for fonts/gfx :) 

I suggest for fonts .78c gfx 160a - .78a 160b .78b 320a - .78h (hires) and 320b .78s (super hires)

I can convert A8 and C64 fonts and ask Fox to add extensions to Recoil

http://recoil.sourceforge.net/

Edited by Eagle

On 8/31/2022 at 12:15 PM, Atarius Maximus said:

Thanks Karl!

Here's another one.  Anyone can use it of course, but I'm likely going to use this one as my go-to because it really hits that nostalgia button for me.  I used my Commodore 64 from 1982 all the way through college until my first x86 PC in 1992. :) It's the complete Commodore 64 standard font set, minus all of the PETSCII special characters.  It's a bit larger than those in the first post so the alphachars statement is a bit different for this one:

alphachars '#ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.!?,"$():&abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz%;@*+/[]-0123456789<=>`{}~ '

font_commodore64_standard.png

screenshot_commodore.png

Can't you use 320A? Then you get twice the resolution for the same DMA.