IGNORED

Opinions Wanted; Wait for the Switch version or play on the original?

Bartsfam

I have a lull in my lineup, and really want to play Mario Galaxy 2 & Zelda;  Link Between Worlds. I missed these two on their original release and always meant to play them. I loved Galaxy 1 on the Switch, and am dying to play the sequel. 

I don't know whether to dust off the old Wii for Galaxy 2 or wait for a Switch version.

Same with Link Between Worlds. I could dig out my daughters 3DS or see if a remastered version comes out for the Switch. 

If you were inclined to play them, what would everyone do? Play on the old systems or wait (and hope) for a shiny updated version on the Switch? 

• Like 1

If you already have the old systems, check the prices of what those games are going for and see if they're cheaper than what Nintendo will sell the Switch versions for. I have a GC and Wii sitting around here somewhere, and for that purpose I'm a bit wary of buying remakes of old games from those systems for full price if I can get the originals for cheaper.

On 8/31/2022 at 4:57 PM, Bartsfam said:

I have a lull in my lineup, and really want to play Mario Galaxy 2 & Zelda;  Link Between Worlds. I missed these two on their original release and always meant to play them. I loved Galaxy 1 on the Switch, and am dying to play the sequel. 

I don't know whether to dust off the old Wii for Galaxy 2 or wait for a Switch version.

Same with Link Between Worlds. I could dig out my daughters 3DS or see if a remastered version comes out for the Switch. 

If you were inclined to play them, what would everyone do? Play on the old systems or wait (and hope) for a shiny updated version on the Switch? 

Just like you did with Galaxy 2 I would go ahead and buy for the hardware you already have. There is not guarantee they will release them on Switch. I could see a different Zelda game getting released on Switch before LBW. Oracle of Seasons and Ages would make more sense, since they are older and could use it like Links Awakening.

For what it's worth, the 3D in Link Between Worlds is super well done. It really gives a sense of height in places like Death Mountain.

Even if you don't like 3D it's worth turning on for those moments (which is the advantage of being able to quickly toggle back and forth of course).  So yeah I say 3DS. :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I agree, and we haven't seen a lot of 3DS games ported to Switch anyway. Rumor is they'll release both remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Wii U, though.

That would be typical. Wind Waker is still one of my favorites. I love the cell shading.

On 9/5/2022 at 12:04 AM, roots.genoa said:

I agree, and we haven't seen a lot of 3DS games ported to Switch anyway. Rumor is they'll release both remasters of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Wii U, though.

And I'm sure they'll happily charge $59.99 for them...each.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1