IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 7 - The Power of He-Man

Rickster8

59 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

@Rickster8 Rick it seems like the bonus structure on He-Man and Space Armada both need a little calibration! Or one needs calibration. They’re not consistent. 

They aren't consistent (the same) because He-Man scores higher easier. The top bonus in He-Man is 500k, whereas Space Armada is 375k cuz it's harder to score. Lol, when you break the Inty HSC record of 1.4 million on He-Man, you will get +3 and +2 for Game Winner Incentive, plus 13 and plus 5 bonus points. So you will walk away with 23 total points. I think you'll be okay.... 🙄.

I also have to factor in lesser players who can try to get the bonus points on the lower side. I have to think of all players and give everyone something to strive for based on their skill set... 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

LOL 😂 

Ohhhhhhhhh ok I get it now! Thanks! 

LOL 😂 

Did you see those snowballs on Dreadnaught on Sunday evening? Crazy eh? There’s no mention of snowballs in the manual! I was like “What the F?”  

Yeah it seems there are all kinds of bees and swarms that come out in the later levels. The little pink ships that fly out super fast are crazy. When I first saw those I was like WHOA DAFUQ??? LOL 😮😨

• Haha 1

The pink bombs… they come out and pretend they have an arc for where they’re heading… then they turn 90 degrees and smash you!!!! 

In the later levels, like the 6th ship … as I’m bombing the silo, the red bees fly on to me so fast, I can’t even get out of the way! It’s definitely in the programming…. You cannot bomb that silo unless you take out the gold circle that sends out the bees. 

Let me tell you about He-Man! Far and away the best game on the Intellivision. It’s the only game that you can pack up into a cabinet and place in an 80’s arcade. As-Is! Even the difficulty level is spot-on for the arcade. It starts off pretty easy and fun and as you move on, it gets tougher… just like an arcade game. Imagine this game surrounded by a Ms. Pac-Man, a Tapper, Q-Bert, Joust, etc… Every person in the arcade would be hovering over the guy playing Intellivision He-Man! That’s how good this game is. The programmers Rick Koenig and Ray Kaestner (Burgertime programmer) need to get an award for it! 

Edited by IntellivisionMaster
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Let me tell you about He-Man! Far and away the best game on the Intellivision. It’s the only game that you can pack up into a cabinet and place in an 80’s arcade. As-Is! Even the difficulty level is spot-on for the arcade. It starts off pretty easy and fun and as you move on, it gets tougher… just like an arcade game. Imagine this game surrounded by a Ms. Pac-Man, a Tapper, Q-Bert, Joust, etc… Every person in the arcade would be hovering over the guy playing Intellivision He-Man! That’s how good this game is. The programmers Rick Koenig and Ray Kaestner (Burgertime programmer) need to get an award for it! 

Will Ferrell Lol GIFAnimated GIFWhat Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane SocietyIce Cube What GIFwtf GIF

Edited by Rickster8
Just because
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

LOL 😂 

Ohhhhhhhhh ok I get it now! Thanks! 

LOL 😂 

Did you see those snowballs on Dreadnaught on Sunday evening? Crazy eh? There’s no mention of snowballs in the manual! I was like “What the F?”  

10 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah it seems there are all kinds of bees and swarms that come out in the later levels. The little pink ships that fly out super fast are crazy. When I first saw those I was like WHOA DAFUQ??? LOL 😮😨

The snowballs surprised me too.  I had never played far enough to get to those before last week.  I think they come from the "regular" turrets though which are on my normal pattern to destroy.  The problem is that I tend to get close to the turrets before taking them out which opens the door for a snowball to come at me from an unexpected direction.  Totally devious way to force an experienced player to need a new approach to the game - I loved it.

• Like 3

By leaps and bounds the best game on the Intellivision! It’s not even close.  It feels like you’re playing on a console 15 years newer and more modern than the Intellivision. It’s hard to believe that such a perfect creation can be played on our Intellivision!

You have to bypass Every Nintendo and Sega game… and go into PS and X-Box to get a game as good as Intellivision He-Man. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

By leaps and bounds the best game on the Intellivision! It’s not even close.  It feels like you’re playing on a console 15 years newer and more modern than the Intellivision. It’s hard to believe that such a perfect creation can be played on our Intellivision!

You have to bypass Every Nintendo and Sega game… and go into PS and X-Box to get a game as good as Intellivision He-Man. 

Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

😉

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Or maybe all the way to iPhone?

• Haha 3

Ok… ok… you guys can stop making fun of me! Let’s agree that we can all have our own opinion as to “best game”. 

btw: my award goes to He-Man!

as quoted by HSC veteran Mr. Tex:

“Let’s go Skeletor, floating sword, award winning soundtrack and super-cool hovercraft … let’s hang out in castle Greyskull where we’re wanted”! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Ok… ok… you guys can stop making fun of me! Let’s agree that we can all have our own opinion as to “best game”. 

“Let’s go Skeletor, floating sword, award winning soundtrack and super-cool hovercraft … let’s hang out in castle Greyskull where we’re wanted”! 

Al it's fine if that's your favorite game to each his own, but, you knew there was a but right? :P BUT, to make the OUTLANDISH statement that it's far and away the best Inty game 'BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS', is just plain rubbish.... :P I can name 12 inty games right off the bat that would be ranked higher worldwide.... You were probably kidding, I hope so anyway... 🤷‍♂️😜

Dreadnaught Factor 

Worm Whomper

Tron Deadly Discs

Bomb Squad

BurgerTime (not my fave but ranked higher)

Demon Attack

Lock N Chase (not my fave but ranked higher)

Shark Shark

Stampede

Thunder Castle

Utopia

Space Armada (my fave, but maybe not ranked that high)

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IntellivisionMaster said:

Just having some fun with ya. To each his own!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:
2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Al it's fine if that's your favorite game to each his own, but, you knew there was a but right? :P BUT, to make the OUTLANDISH statement that it's far and away the best Inty game 'BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS', is just plain rubbish.... :P I can name 12 inty games right off the bat that would be ranked higher worldwide.... You were probably kidding, I hope so anyway... 🤷‍♂️😜

Dreadnaught Factor 

Worm Whomper

Tron Deadly Discs

Bomb Squad

BurgerTime (not my fave but ranked higher)

Demon Attack

Lock N Chase (not my fave but ranked higher)

Shark Shark

Stampede

Thunder Castle

Utopia

Space Armada (my fave, but maybe not ranked that high)

Add He-Man … put Dreadnaught into bag#2 (second tier) and our lists are very close. And I have more to put into bag# 1. 

No I wasn’t kidding. Far and away the best game! 

you can’t put Dreadnaught ahead of it. It sounds like a joke. The Atari-level of graphics alone on Dreadnaught make it a mid-pack game. 

I thought we were done insulting each other’s games LOL 😂 

ok! Love Dreadnaught! I moved it higher on my scale… but not at the very top! 

• Haha 3

I feel you guys are not appreciating the production value of he-man. The opening title screen with the killer music, the cut-scenes… jumping into the wind raider to start the level…. You guys don’t appreciate all that value? All that stuff was ahead of it’s time. And oh ya… it’s a kick-ass game on top of all the pizazz! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, IntellivisionMaster said:

I feel you guys are not appreciating the production value of he-man. The opening title screen with the killer music, the cut-scenes… jumping into the wind raider to start the level…. You guys don’t appreciate all that value? All that stuff was ahead of it’s time. And oh ya… it’s a kick-ass game on top of all the pizazz! 

Lol, you just love it cuz you can play it forever and NOT lose..... :P 

• Like 2

I’m going to be dead honest about that…. 

I loved the game so much…. It inspired me to beat it. Not the other way around. I hit the wall just like everyone else! But I felt I had to honour all the effort in the programming by beating the game! 

Sounds cheesy but it’s the truth! 

• Like 2

I’m getting older and my memory is fading a little. But I remember I would feel like I’m having the game of my life… and then end with 10,000 more points than last game. It’s a very frustrating game to get better at! So from that perspective, I can understand why some would downgrade the game.  Maybe on the easier game levels for the whole game it should stay at easier rocks instead of giving you one or two easier rounds to start the game… then get crazy tough! 

Novice… go up to the light green rock and stay there. 

Challenger… go up to the dark green rock and stay there. 

Master level, go up to the yellow rocks. 

Definitely would have increased the popularity of the game! Ok! You guys convinced me that the game needed that fix! 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, crade said:

I liked He-Man game a lot when I was young as well, although it wasn't my favorite, but I always felt ripped off after you win the third skeletor sword battle and you just get the same result as if you lost anyway.

I'm confused. If you lose you get taken away in Skeletor's tornado vortex, if you win you get 10,000 or 20,000 points.... 🤷‍♂️🤔