IGNORED

HSC19 R13: GYRUSS & VANGUARD

therealbountybob

14 hours ago, carlsson said:

It would also be nice if Vanguard supported diagonal movement. I don't know if that is on purpose that it doesn't, or a shortcoming.

I've died so many times because of this. Maybe it's because you fire into the direction where you fly and they didn't want to implement diagonal shooting...

• Like 1

Vanguard improved to 110K out on the boss at the end of the 4th round. The game is fairly straightforward' practice and over time you can figure out some good strategies for each section! Only 1000pts for the end of level boss is a real rip-off considering the thousands you get on the level itself 😦

Does anyone here want to review anything or write something for the next Pro(c) Atari Magazine, I think we have another 20 pages to fill then we can release a new magazine, it's been a year or so! Doesn't have to be professional I can help if needed?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Only 1000pts for the end of level boss is a real rip-off considering the thousands you get on the level itself 😦

It should be that you can get between 1000 and 8000 pts where the longer you wait to kill the boss the more points you get.   That's how it works on the 2600 and 5200 versions but I  think the timer may be running slow as I also had trouble getting big points there too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

It should be that you can get between 1000 and 8000 pts where the longer you wait to kill the boss the more points you get.   That's how it works on the 2600 and 5200 versions but I  think the timer may be running slow as I also had trouble getting big points there too.

:thumbsup:

Always takes me a while more a case of survival so perhaps I need to go for the kill sooner!

Been playing Gyruss but failing to return to the home planet!

249,150 small improvement - just need to survive more and take less risks getting the bonuses. Anyone else noticed anything different about the fixed version - think I was robbed out of several chance stages with missing waves and possibly towards saturn more rings of ships just materialising around the middle :ponder:

Photo4021.thumb.jpg.47ae361b8d604f3867a77bdbb81e64af.jpgPhoto4022.thumb.jpg.64f6c91023d99ff4738d4f7aba945fd1.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

I figured out the scoring for the final boss.  There are red horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen.   You start with 1 and every second or so they add another red line.  Each line is worth 1000 points if you kill the boss at that moment.   You can wait until there are 8 of them but good luck squeezing in between the boss and the bottom red lines!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

:thumbsup:

Always takes me a while more a case of survival so perhaps I need to go for the kill sooner!

Been playing Gyruss but failing to return to the home planet!

249,150 small improvement - just need to survive more and take less risks getting the bonuses. Anyone else noticed anything different about the fixed version - think I was robbed out of several chance stages with missing waves and possibly towards saturn more rings of ships just materialising around the middle :ponder:

May be we discussed this lasy time we played Gyruss but 1st game after loading can get "Perfects" on all the bonus stages (those that I did) but 2nd play not all the waves if ships appear in full - also on 2nd go had more ringers around Saturn plus had the dreaded bug - end of wave leftovers not shown in middle until you lose a life on the meteorite. Improved to 281,950 on that 2nd go with lots of regular wave bonues , but still no Earth!

On 9/26/2022 at 9:43 AM, MichaG said:

Hu, I thought we play until today?

I've got Gyruss 75,750 and Vanguard 68,200 points...

sometimes i'm not sure where I'll be or what access/time I have to update things so it may vary when the round starts / ends!

Scores added above, thanks for playing everyone. Two good games :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

re-done final tables as I'd still missed Razzie.P's Gyruss score - sorry!!

GYRUSS     Bonus HSC HSC
Player   Score Points Points Total
therealbountybob   281,950   12 12
Razzie.P   124,650 1 11 12
AtariSphinx   103,400   10 10
MichaG   75,750   9 9
graywest   67,350   8 8
carlsson   57,050   7 7
8BIT 1337   53,400   6 6
Deteacher   51,500   5 5
chevymad   49,850   4 4
RedThunder   36,700   3 3