IGNORED

Compute!'s Guide to TI-99/4A Sound and Graphics with DSK files on the Internet Archive

charlietunaz

I just uploaded a PDF copy of Compute!'s Guide to TI-99/4A Sound and Graphics with the book's programs on two DSK files to use on Classic 99.

I was obsessed trying to find the complete digital versions of the programs but was only able to find two or three out there, so I decided to copy the programs directly from the book and debug the OCR errors myself.  The OCR was acceptable in most cases; most errors were lowercase l/i/1 confusion, lowercase o/0 errors, interpreting W as V7, changing the $ to S among others.  Good practice and I had some fun playing the games.

I tested the programs to the best of my abilities, hopefully they are bug free, but I do not guarantee it; that's my disclaimer.

Here's the link: Compute!'s Guide to TI-99/4A Sound and Graphics

image.thumb.png.b400dcd2d50527efc29a797964139e4b.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

So this is the same PDF already present on Archive.org published by Jason Scott in 2014? (originally scanned by Ernie Pergrem in the same year)
https://archive.org/details/tibook_ti994a-sound-and-graphics/mode/2up

but with program disk added, right?
I already have a .dsk of this book but will compare it with yours so I can see if I am missing anything.
Thanks anyway :)

12 hours ago, charlietunaz said:

The OCR was acceptable in most cases; most errors were lowercase l/i/1 confusion, lowercase o/0 errors, interpreting W as V7, changing the $ to S among others.

Charlietunaz, The original scans were done as unedited searchable PDFs with the hope that other TIer's would recreate the programs then add the disk to the library.  Ciro, Carlos Santiago and you are three that I know of who have done so, but there may be others.  Thank you.

You can find the full library at Ciro's www.ti99iuc.it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 6:03 AM, ti99iuc said:

So this is the same PDF already present on Archive.org published by Jason Scott in 2014? (originally scanned by Ernie Pergrem in the same year)
https://archive.org/details/tibook_ti994a-sound-and-graphics/mode/2up

but with program disk added, right?
I already have a .dsk of this book but will compare it with yours so I can see if I am missing anything.
Thanks anyway :)

Yes, and I actually searched the tiuc database before working on this project but could not find anything related to the book. I said, if these folks don't have this on the Internet, then it doesn't exist! 😀.  Feel free to use and add it to the tiuc website.

On 9/8/2022 at 9:35 AM, airernie said:

Charlietunaz, The original scans were done as unedited searchable PDFs with the hope that other TIer's would recreate the programs then add the disk to the library.  Ciro, Carlos Santiago and you are three that I know of who have done so, but there may be others.  Thank you.

You can find the full library at Ciro's www.ti99iuc.it.

Yep, Carlos Santiago is an awesome guy! Wonder what Carlos and Charlie have in common.😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ksarul said:

There is also a nice mirror of @airernie's work scanning the majority of English-language TI books at @acadiel's Hexbus site. It is really nice to see more of the programs in those books available online.

I checked with the owner of the domain to see if I could add some of my Dsk files but that page is no longer updated.  Everything is supposed to be in the Internet Archive. Personally   I find the Internet Archive to be somewhat disorganized.  The folks at tiuc have been doing an amazing job.  

• Like 1

@charlietunaz thanks for the kind words ❤️ my goal is to integrate the ernie books page into the ti99iuc database and them re-link each book to the new page of the database from that page. The PDFs published on the ti99iuc DB are always restored and cleaned at least compared to the old ones and when possible I really like to add the all the links of each game in dedicated pages.
When possible, I always like to mention the people that help in doing stuff and I always hope that someone could help in someway, this is also the why I asked clarification about the PDF and software you have done.

About archive.org I also published something as ti99iuc nick but I find very complicated to publish stuff in the right way there, lot of options that confusing me and some fields to compile are not so clear to understand what is needed to fill. Anyway I still trying to add some stuff there too also if I still prefer how the stuff appear on the ti99iuc DB 😛

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, charlietunaz said:

I checked with the owner of the domain to see if I could add some of my Dsk files but that page is no longer updated.  Everything is supposed to be in the Internet Archive. Personally   I find the Internet Archive to be somewhat disorganized.  The folks at tiuc have been doing an amazing job.  

I can edit the Hexbus site - if you provide code/path, etc, I would be happy to update it. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 7:49 PM, charlietunaz said:

I just uploaded a PDF copy of Compute!'s Guide to TI-99/4A Sound and Graphics with the book's programs on two DSK files to use on Classic 99.

I was obsessed trying to find the complete digital versions of the programs but was only able to find two or three out there, so I decided to copy the programs directly from the book and debug the OCR errors myself.  The OCR was acceptable in most cases; most errors were lowercase l/i/1 confusion, lowercase o/0 errors, interpreting W as V7, changing the $ to S among others.  Good practice and I had some fun playing the games.

I tested the programs to the best of my abilities, hopefully they are bug free, but I do not guarantee it; that's my disclaimer.

Here's the link: Compute!'s Guide to TI-99/4A Sound and Graphics

image.thumb.png.b400dcd2d50527efc29a797964139e4b.png

Does this book cover sounds and graphics in assembly..or just for basic?