IGNORED

Happy 23rd Birthday Dreamcast

Yurkie

7 minutes ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Took the day mostly off to play DC :)  Thinking a few rounds of MvsC2, Speed Devils, Hydro Thunder, Plasma Sword, and maybe some Typing OTD.  And of course...got to get in at least SOME Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, VF3, and Capcom Vs SNK too.   :D

9 9 99 20th anniversary.jpg

9 9 99 Divers splash.jpg

9 9 99 Greenie.jpg

9 9 99 Space Channel art Up Down Chu Hey Chu.png

159-1593932_hydro-thunder-logo-png-transparent-png.png

DC Controller Japan.jpg

Dreamcast boot.jpg

Dreamcast Bot.png

Dreamcast Dual Launchy.jpg

Dreamcast Half Life by Vaduamka.jpg

Dreamcast Legacy by Rachid Lotf.jpg

Dreamcast Mobile Attack Unit.jpg

Dreamcast Saves you.jpg

Dreamcast Stand.jpg

Dreamcast Stick and Games.jpg

9 9 99 Power Stone 2.jfif 119.2 kB · 0 downloads

YOU ROCK!

• Thanks 1

Still in love with my beauty, bought 23 years ago today.  The Dreamcast homebrew/indie scene is going strong with lots of incredible games out recently, or soon to come out.  Nothing but love for the Dreamcast!  Here's to at least 23 more years of fun with it.

Love the "Dreamcast Stand" meme btw!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, glazball said:

Still in love with my beauty, bought 23 years ago today.  The Dreamcast homebrew/indie scene is going strong with lots of incredible games out recently, or soon to come out.  Nothing but love for the Dreamcast!  Here's to at least 23 more years of fun with it.

Love the "Dreamcast Stand" meme btw!

Same!!  Yes I am looking very hard at Arcade Racing Legends and The Textorcist, might have to grab those.  

Had the most fun so far today with Power Stone.  Enjoyed MvsC2, Hydro Thunder (heh), Plasma Sword, Capcom Vs SNK, and some Cannon Spike.  DC was really all about the arcade action (while arguably the zeitgeist was going in favor of long, couch type games), and that's where I grew my love of gaming.  

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:56 PM, Cobra Kai said:

I will be sure to play some Cannon Spike, Rush 2049, and Under Defeat on my DC this weekend. 

Under Defeat is a fairly new acquisition for me, I think I got it earlier in the year. I was actually thinking about selling my DC collection at the time, and then decided to buy this game instead.

Under Defeat looks incredible - is that available as a game disc only, or can you buy the image?  I mostly use an SD reader modded DC at this point for wear and tear reasons.  I also have my regular DC but no Retrotink yet... Also need to look at Border Down, Sega Lord X raved about it and got me interested with a video he just released.

4 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Under Defeat looks incredible - is that available as a game disc only, or can you buy the image?  I mostly use an SD reader modded DC at this point for wear and tear reasons.  I also have my regular DC but no Retrotink yet... Also need to look at Border Down, Sega Lord X raved about it and got me interested with a video he just released.

I bought the actual disc game. I use a DC-X as an import enabler. It's cumbersome but I didn't really look into alternatives.