IGNORED

The Atari 5200 SuperReport with Ray Jackson - OFFICIAL THREAD

BIGHMW

Well,

The series debut (Episode 1) will be filmed tomorrow morning, and then after a subsequent backlog of future episodes will also follow so I have enough for at least 4 episodes, to start off with, I hope you guys will enjoy it, it wil be more polished off than any of the episodes of The Atari Report ever were, in fact I picked up some great pointers, including capsulizing each review of every game (during each episode) to under 5 minutes, and yes, it will be pre-scripted (to take up @Gunther's advice on doing so), and, a new look at our new set, can be seen right here:

DSC02180.thumb.JPG.6585f7fcd2f41eae34c8740d0acb8562.jpg.399fa25787d2742d8c29727788a3253d.jpg

See you tomorrow!!!

Have YOU Played Atari Today???

Ray Jackson

Host - The Atari 5200 SuperReport

Edited by BIGHMW
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Did the 5200 report get posted yet?

I haven't even filmed the episode yet, I am going through yet another financial crisis again, I only have 70 cents in my account and no money no gas and I hardly have any food to eat, I just might have to settle for my flashback 9 and part ways with everything else, as the bank keeps going after me with all of these overdrafts and swallowing up entire paychecks, that and also I owe 2 months of internet and also my phone bill. Indeed it may very well be the day of reckoning when it comes to my classic gaming days.

I already have the Retro-Game-Boyz controller up for sale along with my ColecoVision, the 5200 (and the Atarimax and the trak-ball too) might be next as well as everything that I got for it over the years here on AA. I DO need to pay rent monthly,and unfortunately several other Bill's also get debited that same week, Peacock, Hulu and car insurance are also direct-debited and that and gas and it has left me in a severe hole, so I am thinking about posting them all up for sale by tonight 

Well, we'll try to get things going later on this morning but I do have to clean myself up so I can be presentable on camera, but yes I am not going to let this bother me, I just have to suck it up and get this thing done, in fact I have already picked out the game in which will be first on this series, in fact it'll be the very same one we were going to feature on The Atari Report, @glurk's 5200 version of Barnstorming, and yes it indeed be well done and up by this afternoon, I know, you're wondering why not Rob 'N' Banks instead. 

Simple. I want to wait @Ryan Witmer to come out with the finished, final version and that is complete and done so I can give a thorough but concise review of it, and, every review will be a serious one (no more skating around giving out an honest opinion at the expense of sparing anybody, and I will of course feature my thumbs up/down rating as I did on TAR so I look forward to getting in front of the camera and looking good for all of you to see.

• Like 2

One episode in the books, I just have to do the in-game voiceover, but yes WE ARE getting things done finally. I am also working on thumbnails for each episode (namely the episode number and the game title we are featuring) I also have to film a few episodes of my hard-hitting commentary series "Ray Jackson -  My 2¢" as well. I want to have a backlog of episodes of most of my miniseries on both my Ray Jackson YouTube channel and also my BIGHMW TV YouTube channel as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have to redo the coverage (the hosting part at beginning and end segments) and add in the ingame voiceover but we are shooting for an October 1st debut, this allows me to have a backlog of episodes to be filmed this coming week like I already did with "My 2 cents" last week on my Ray Jackson YouTube channel, but yes it will be out, so fret not.

• Like 1

Heya Ray,I'm a game programmer and in the middle of reverse engineering Invinco on sega vic dual hardware,what interests me about this hardware is there is no sprites so it's all soft sprites.Did you want to follow along with me how I reverse engineer and port it to 5200?,Exclusives only for The Atari 5200 SuperReport.

List of games on vic dual

* Depth Charge
* Sub Hunter
* Safari
* Frogs
* Space Attack
* Space Attack / Head On
* Head On
* Head On 2
* Invinco / Head On 2
* N-Sub
* Samurai
* Invinco
* Invinco / Deep Scan
* Tranquillizer Gun
* Space Trek
* Carnival
* Borderline
* Digger
* Pulsar
* Heiankyo Alien

* Alpha Fighter / Head On

Edited by Traxx
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Traxx said:

I wasn't expecting that type of reaction for a new 5200 programmer.Thank you very much,keep in mind I also want to share how old hardware accomplished games,that is very important to me.

Great, that'll make a great history lesson on what goes on behind the scenes and what goes into the making of a game as well.

• Like 1