IGNORED

The Atari 5200 SuperReport with Ray Jackson - OFFICIAL THREAD

BIGHMW

2 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Look guys I get what you guys are saying here, stop slinging mud at each other because of me and what I have to do with Cindy Margolis OK?

...and leave Len Enders OUT OF THIS!!!

If you don’t want us to talk about this Len Enders dude, stop bringing him up and putting up his personal contact info. I watched the videos he made of you and I believe he is exploiting you and stealing from you (intellectually if not financially).  What has his “management” done for you? Did he help you last year when you didn’t have enough money for your meds? Is he giving you money/royalties  since his YouTube channel has content with you on it?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

...in fact I've even learned how to incorporate dangling charms on anklets as well, for a much better look...

Have you looked into wire wrapping your own charms and pendants?  If not, I would give that a Google.  That's very popular lately, and I know people who've made a tidy little bundle selling those.  Might be worth a look to incorporate into your jewelry.

4 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

BTW, when I do get home after I buy the Claire's and I am bracelets from those Safeway stores, their elastic bands get cut, the parts then get separated and catalogued, spacers, charms, beads, etc., nothing gets thrown away, because there's always a use for every piece

Well, man, just remember that's a low volume, high margin game.  You're not going to sell a thousand pieces in a year, and you've got to be willing to eat a lot of rejection because buyers for that kind of item are going to take a lot of patience to find, although they will spend asking price once you do find them. 

If you price everything such that doing it becomes worth your time, you don't overinvest, and you have patience, you could make some decent extra money with it.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 8:27 PM, Ecernosoft said:

Guys, STOP.

This is IRRELEVANT. 

Stop it with your sh*t and get back to programming in the freaking programming forum.

Ok, so this is only my third post on this forum, so take it however you want, but in my opinion, its never irrelevant for people to try to stop a man from drowning.

• Like 3

My offer stands Ray,Join discord and Myself and other programmers will hand hold to teach you programming,we will teach you all the basics and explain in detail and get you compiling your code.If you want to learn we will teach you,being mentally disabled just means it will take a bit longer Ray.Give us one year Ray,you'll be able to program games,wanna join us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wrgmi27uc4

Edited by Traxx
  • Like 4

Ray, I saw your latest Facebook post- your mechanic wants to charge you 7k to fix your car? And you already put 8k into repairs last year if I read that right. Maybe sell it and get something cheaper? Cause for a 2002 those repair costs are nuts in terms of the car’s value.

I’ve attached the Kelly’s Blue Book for that make/model.

26473EC3-8E87-44C8-8640-502669B395E9.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

your mechanic wants to charge you 7k to fix your car

Pretty sure that's the mechanic's way of saying that he either a) wants to fleece you or b) doesn't want to do the work so is quoting an outrageous price in hopes that you'll go away.

Either way, since the value of the car is likely nudging up against negative numbers if viewed in person, replacement would make more sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

Ray, I saw your latest Facebook post- your mechanic wants to charge you 7k to fix your car? And you already put 8k into repairs last year if I read that right. Maybe sell it and get something cheaper? Cause for a 2002 those repair costs are nuts in terms of the car’s value.

Actually mine has 270,000+ miles on her, and she's got some serious issues, as well as a banged up left rear fender, so she might be worth even less. BTW, my mechanic did also read my post, he actually said it was gonna run me about $5,000 to fix her but that's 5K more than I either make, have or get.

If I was not on the exact opposite end of the country, I'd maintain his car for an affordable price.  I always took it for granted, how much it helped that I learned to maintain a house and car without having top pay for said services.  My wife's current car, a 2018 Kia Forte is almost paid off.  It will be the first time in her life, since she was 17 years old, she will no longer have a car payment because I can maintain her stuff.  One of the many things I am so grateful to my father for teaching me.  I don't have the time to do it as a side job, and I don't want the hassle, but man, the fact I can fix stuff for my wife and my mom.  I must remind myself to not get upset the next time something breaks.

• Like 4

Just now, Stephen said:

One of the many things I am so grateful to my father for teaching me.  I don't have the time to do it as a side job, and I don't want the hassle, but man, the fact I can fix stuff for my wife and my mom.  I must remind myself to not get upset the next time something breaks.

Good dads are awesome,they don't get enough credit

Edited by Traxx
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Traxx said:

Good dads are awesome,they don't get enough credit

It's soul crushing having to care for the strongest man you've ever known as they become paralyzed from cancer and strokes.  I know I'll never really recover from it.  But I have the good memories, and the knowledge.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

If I was not on the exact opposite end of the country, I'd maintain his car for an affordable price.

Same.  Having working, reliable transportation is one of those things that can take pressure off of so many other areas in life.  Note that, "working, reliable transportation" doesn't mean that it'll never need maintenance of some sort or another, but being able to take care of problems before they cascade into becoming much bigger ones is a huge plus.  Ditto not having a $500/month-and-up car payment on even something new but fairly basic.

I always took it for granted, how much it helped that I learned to maintain a house and car without having top pay for said services.

Hear, hear.

Having grown up in a country where car ownership under the age of about 25 wasn't common at the time, I had no choice but to learn to maintain my vehicles or I'd be a pedestrian.  Having also taken the bus enough in my life by the time I passed my test at 18 to realise that I never wanted to have to do that ever again unless there was absolutely no other choice meant that a certain level of self-sufficiency was mandated.  It helped that I already had a certain degree of mechanical aptitude, but I also had absolutely zero practical experience to back it up.  Talked my folks into enrolling me at the local night school's basic motor mechanics course in as a birthday present, and that has served me well over the last three-plus decades.

My wife's current car, a 2018 Kia Forte is almost paid off.  It will be the first time in her life, since she was 17 years old, she will no longer have a car payment because I can maintain her stuff.  One of the many things I am so grateful to my father for teaching me.  I don't have the time to do it as a side job, and I don't want the hassle, but man, the fact I can fix stuff for my wife and my mom.  I must remind myself to not get upset the next time something breaks.

I know exactly the feeling on all of the above ;-)

It's soul crushing having to care for the strongest man you've ever known as they become paralyzed from cancer and strokes.  I know I'll never really recover from it.  But I have the good memories, and the knowledge.

In January of 2019, the company that I worked for dissolved the department that I was the head of without warning.  This turned out to be a blessing, because a month later I was able to spend the last two weeks of my father's life visiting him in hospice when he rapidly succumbed to liver failure.  The fact that we lost him still grieves me to this day, but the life he left behind far overshadowed his death.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

He's got a point here.

• 3 weeks later...

I'M BACK!!!

.....and after a month of NO OVERDRAFT FEES I'm ready to get back to business with THE REAL SUBJECT MATTER of this thread, all of your favorite Supergames for the world's favorite SuperSystem!!!

This weekend I'll be playing and reviewing two very unique ports,

from A/W/A Space Assailants 2121, and the 8-bit-to-5200 conversion of the 2600 classic from 20th Century Fox, Turmoil!!!

I have not played either one of these two in my lineup and I'm looking forward to getting at them after work tomorrow morning at around 11:00 am and I'll film my reviews of them this weekend and I should have them posted up by Saturday afternoon, along with 2 Election Special Editions of "My 2 cents" as well on my Ray Jackson YouTube channel.

• Like 1

Thumbnails already created for both episodes, so I must hit the sheets right now, as I've gotta get up for tomorrow morning's shift (6:00-10:00 am, 5 mornings/week, days off may vary from week-to-week, today was one of them, the other day off this week being on Thursday) over at the dairy case, so Good Gaming....and goodnight!!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...