IGNORED

AtariAge/ZPH PRGE Meetup @ Ground Kontrol

Hey all,

I'm organizing a casual meetup of AtariAge members / ZPH viewers at the awesome barcade Ground Kontrol in Portland. Since I think that most of us will be around on Saturday for PRGE I thought it would be fun to have a place where we can all get together to have a few drinks, chat and play some great arcade games! Might be a good idea to keep your AtariAge badges on so we know who everyone is, hahah.

There's a light rail transportation that goes directly from the convention centre to right outside of Ground Kontrol for $2.50 so it's quick (15 mins) to get to even if you don't have a car.

Date/Time: Saturday Oct 15, 2022 @ 8PM-Closing (Midnight)

Tanya and I will be there, see you then!

- James

image.thumb.png.55872ea03caea1fb02d41e125d711561.png

• Like 5

We're on board (Zephyr and I) — we actually had that on our "list of places to check out in Portland" already.

Side note: Aside from a Dave's and Buster's, which perhaps doesn't count, I've never lived anywhere that had an actual videogame arcade so this will be a first for me!

Edited by Bruce-Robert Pocock
PS
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So Ground Kontrol ripped me off.  I used my debit card to pay the $3 cover charge, but paid cash the rest of the night.  I had a look at my bank statement today, and they charged me $95!  I'm in the process of disputing it.

Never mind.  I forgot I bought something from their booth at the Expo.  Whoops.

Edited by DaveM