IGNORED

Season 13 ~ Week 6 ~ Silver Medal Winner Pick

Vocelli

1 hour ago, Absalon said:

I guess I have to ride the beam in midnights magic and jump a perfect q with my bert to score high enough in this game. I try again tomorrow. 😳

Even in B difficulty this game is impossible.... 😭

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Haha 1

Improvement on Beamrider. My first time cracking 100k 🙂. By Sector 21 ish, the game is moving faster than I can think, and any successuful shots and avoidance of emenies past that point is frankly more luck than judgement 😂

Beamrider (1984) (Activision)_3.png

• Like 10

One of the fun things about this competition is getting to read the manuals and learning how to actually play some of these games.  Even with that knowledge, these games are kicking my butt this week. 

Beamrider = 13,204

Dodge'Em = 116

I've never been any good at Dodge'Em and the current score doesn't even qualify for a point yet, so I'll keep trying, or maybe not if it's too frustrating.

Beamrider (1984) (Activision).png

Dodge 'Em (1980) (Atari) [fixed]_1.png

• Like 6

On 9/17/2022 at 2:43 PM, Jasonhrb said:

Stick with Beamrider @Skippy B. Coyote . It's an absolute belter of a game imho, and one that becomes more instinctive as you play it. The key is remembering what you need to shoot, and what you just need to avoid. The "avoid" stuff is all green or brown which makes it easier. And for high scores, you need to try and rack up lives in the early rounds, and get good at hitting the motherships. If you have enough lives, the mothership can be worth much more than the rest of the level combined. The trick is to get as many of the green things homing in on you as you can close to where you wan to take your shot. When one is just about to get you, switch a lane and blast the mothership. If need be, unload more than one torpedo to clear any remaining green obstacles in yoru way.

If last season is anything to go by, we're pretty evenly matched skills wise, so I suspect you have a much bigger score in you for Beamrider than you have got so far

I appreciate the vote of confidence but I've been really practicing Beamrider a lot this week and just can't seem to hold onto my lives or hit the mothership with any sort of consistency past Sector 5, and both of those tasks seem pretty necessary for getting a high score :lol:

It's still a really fun game and a great pick for this season, just not one that I'm gonna be able to give you much competition in I don't think :)

• Like 4

Beamrider’s not too shabby on Atari. We’re typically ridin’ those beams over in the INTV HSC. Took some adjustment, but I dig it. 

Beamrider - 20,380

D56BDDA6-9B6A-4A09-A1BD-C578B66C9F86.thumb.jpeg.4a1673bb1fd10af4b07733a8b55d7504.jpeg

I’m calling Dodge ‘Em “Death Wish” bc that blue car has one. This is a great bonus game bc it is so quick and really embodies that “one more try” mentality. Of course, that comes with a heavy dose of frustration if you’re not careful. But it’s quick enough to just try again. 

Death Wish - 232

A50D786C-6989-4E74-B8CD-E35A95621524.thumb.jpeg.82431415abae58c2e47ef6505b1ef88e.jpeg

• Like 7