IGNORED

Anyone made odd Famicom / NES controllers?

I'm on a bit of a Famicom bender at the moment...

While looking at collectible Famicom stuff, I found two controllers that were a bit of an oddity and you need them to play (properly) the very small number of games that were released with them. So, I decided to make my own.

The first one was incredibly easy to do - a Hypershot Track & FIeld type controller.  I added another run button so it's more like the arcade (they are just wired together)  It would be much better to get proper arcade leaf switches in there (like T&F and Hyper Sports arcade), but I don't think I can fit them in the boxes I usually use.  The controller is very ghetto, without any kind of overlay (yet) - it works pretty good though!

Any one else made their own controllers (I make a bunch of different style arcade controllers for lots of systems)

https://tenpencearcade.co.uk/controllers-for-sale/

The next one to make is an Arkanoid Vaus controller. I've asked the guy who did the DIY Hypershot and Vaus PCB, but he hasn't responded yet.

IMG_3861.JPG

Edited by virtvic
  • Like 3