IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 16 Round 7 - The Dreadnaught Factor

DamonicFury

Welcome to the seventh round of the 16th 5200 HSC season. The Dreadnaught Factor won the poll by a single vote.  Play on level 5 (10 dreadnaughts).  Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by rubeon with a score of 34,875 points.  Beat this if you can for a bonus point! 

The ROM can be found here:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-5200-dreadnaught-factor-_13594.html

Round ends Sunday, October 2nd, 2022 @11pm EST

Standings:

rubeon - 20,873

jblenkle - 5,532

bemis - 3,257

Cafeman - 3,012

9 hours ago, jblenkle said:

I'm playing on Kat5200. Everything goes fine through the first level, but then I get stuck on the screen you get that says VICTORY!!! and can't seem to continue playing. Which key do you press to keep going? Nothing I've pressed seems to work.

That's the end of the game. It's a one level short game.

1 hour ago, Cafeman said:

On the first 2 difficulty settings, there is only 1 dreadnaught to destroy.  Maybe next time we should bump up to a higher one.  There is an explanation in the instructions: 

https://atariage.com/manual_html_page.php?SoftwareID=2063

Ah, OK...so we are just playing the 1 level then. Understood. I read the manual, but didn't catch on to the fact the game would end. I thought you just had to destroy 1 Dreadnaught to finish that particular level and advance to the next.

1 hour ago, Cafeman said:

On the first 2 difficulty settings, there is only 1 dreadnaught to destroy.  Maybe next time we should bump up to a higher one.  There is an explanation in the instructions: 

https://atariage.com/manual_html_page.php?SoftwareID=2063

No one has even entered a score yet, so let's go ahead and bump this to level 5.  My bad, I forgot that the default was just 1 dreadnaught.  How dull!  Let's do level 5, with 10 dreadnaughts, that should get the blood racing!  I edited the top post accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cafeman said:

Dreadnaught Factor must have analog controls, right? Playing on Altirra , it is very floaty moving left and right, hard to stay lined up. 

it does -- it's one of the better uses of the analog controls, with variable speed in horizontal and vertical directions.  I found it plays pretty well in emulation with xbox or playstation pads that have analog sticks

Congratulations to rubeon for once again destroying the most dreadnaughts.  

Final standings:

rubeon - 20,873  +11

jblenkle - 5,532   +10

bemis - 3,257  +9

Cafeman - 3,012  +8

No rest for your trigger fingers, space pilots … Zaxxon is up next