IGNORED

Box protectors for games?

jetset

So I'm trying to collect a few (boxed) games for the TI (Specifically the Scott Adams' text games).

There are tons of game box protectors out there for every system but the TI99. The closest I could find was an NES Araknoid protector box but it's too big. IS there any other system that might have the same box dimensions? (9" X 6.25"  X  1.5") Figured it worth a shot to ask here.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, jetset said:

So I'm trying to collect a few (boxed) games for the TI (Specifically the Scott Adams' text games).

There are tons of game box protectors out there for every system but the TI99. The closest I could find was an NES Araknoid protector box but it's too big. IS there any other system that might have the same box dimensions? (9" X 6.25"  X  1.5") Figured it worth a shot to ask here.

Cheers!

Arcade shopper sells these that can be mounted on a wall or wherever..

a STL file is here too:

TI-99/4A Cartridge holder - STLFinder

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

I have not seen any box protectors close to the size of the ones from TI. You also will have issues finding protectors for the later cartridges in the plastic trays, the giant ones from the Scholastic Spelling modules (identical in size to some of the Scott Foresman school cartridge boxes), and the multitude of different sized boxes for third-party releases.

The other issue is that a significant number of the boxes are identical across a wide range of cartridges, as only a few TI cartridges had unique boxes. This significantly lowered the need for protective casing, as the boxes are mostly interchangeable.

• Like 2

Thanks, but I’m wanting box protectors for the actual TI game boxes, not just the cartridge. Sounds picky but I like to display my stuff, and the sides of TI game

boxes are blank. I’d rather apply a sticker on the outside of the protector rather than the box itself, but I might go that route. I’m on a kick to get the whole Scott Adams text adv series. I can always improvise, but figured I’d ask 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shift838 said:

IMG_0736.JPG

I would love a couple or few of these, but they almost always show up on the other side of the continent and for extortion-rate shipping.

I can say that almost all of the Atarisoft TI-99 boxes will fit the Atari 2600/7800 protective boxes you can get around.  So far as I know, there are no original TI box sizes available anywhere.  There is a guy in the Marketplace who has boxes for a bunch of odd systems, including for accessories like the SuperSketch.  It sounds like he is making them custom, so a good order for TI boxes might get him to produce some.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I'm into box protectors for all systems and I'd love it if someone would produce a design that fit both TI cardboard and TI plastic tray style packaging. Atarisoft large box would be neat but I can't imagine anyone making those unless they fit a bunch of other boxes I can't imagine at the moment. 

There are several other sizes that I think could be popular like Sierra gold box and Origin Software large and medium (for Ultima, etc). Someone could probably design a few PC Big Box sizes to cover 75% of that market. 

3 hours ago, ianoid said:

Yeah, I'm into box protectors for all systems and I'd love it if someone would produce a design that fit both TI cardboard and TI plastic tray style packaging. Atarisoft large box would be neat but I can't imagine anyone making those unless they fit a bunch of other boxes I can't imagine at the moment. 

There are several other sizes that I think could be popular like Sierra gold box and Origin Software large and medium (for Ultima, etc). Someone could probably design a few PC Big Box sizes to cover 75% of that market. 

I did find a protector size that's pretty close...The box dimensions are 9" X 6.25" X 1.5" - these on amazon are 9.76" X 6.38" X 2.05".  So they'll just have a little wiggle room, but will fit enough. I just want a protector that I can print side labels for to show which game is in the box, since the TI game boxes are vanilla and very plain. I'm halfway to my goal...I have 7 of the 14 games I'm after (technically 13 since Savage Island in 2 games on one cassette.