IGNORED

compression technique good but not good enough

Hi!  I am working on a compression technique.  Actually, I am working on several compression techniques, on 8-bit, 16-bit and later 32-bit and 64-bit, open-source and closed-source.  I am doing very well but not well enough.  I am basing one of them on ZX0.  I added Adaptive Huffman codes, my own method of handling lengths, some ways to not compress LZ77 fields if Huffman will do better and Huffman bytes if >=8 bits long and Last16.  Last16 compresses LZ77 entries that are repeats of recent LZ77 entries to the # of the last entry.  I want to do better.  Does anybody here have any ideas on how to improve this?

BTW, I recently found LZO on Wikipedia and will soon work on implementing it.

2 hours ago, ivop said:

Yes, the same one. He wants to beat state of the art compression, but want others to do it for him. He recently found LZO apparently, which was published over 26 years ago.

But hasn't he already beaten it 5 or 6 times?  Just because the compressed files wouldn't decompress doesn't mean anything.  The compressed files were tiny!

• Haha 3