IGNORED

New Game - Space Dungeon

Tony Cruise

Announcing my next Home Brew game project for the ColecoVision, MSX and Spectravideo, with a port of the arcade game Space Dungeon.

This initial teaser, just has some initial graphic layouts, I'll show some simple game play and the layout of the main game screen with the next update.

I am still working on Kangaroo, which will hopefully be released late this year as well.

• Like 16

Been setting some of my gaming budget aside for Kangaroo in the hope it would be released this year.  Now it looks like I need to set more aside for Space Dungeon too!  I see you're in Tasmania.  I guess your games ship from there too?  Approximately how much extra will I need to set aside for shipping to Canada?

On 9/23/2022 at 6:02 AM, insertclevernamehere said:

Been setting some of my gaming budget aside for Kangaroo in the hope it would be released this year.  Now it looks like I need to set more aside for Space Dungeon too!  I see you're in Tasmania.  I guess your games ship from there too?  Approximately how much extra will I need to set aside for shipping to Canada?

Yeah it's best that Collectorvision handle the Colecovision releases, here in Australia I can make the units quite cheaply but postage/shipping rates are terrible.

The MSX and Spectravideo versions of my games will be available from my website (on which I have finally setup the online shop - not much on there at the moment, but stay tuned).

26 minutes ago, Tony Cruise said:

Yeah it's best that Collectorvision handle the Colecovision releases, here in Australia I can make the units quite cheaply but postage/shipping rates are terrible.

The MSX and Spectravideo versions of my games will be available from my website (on which I have finally setup the online shop - not much on there at the moment, but stay tuned).

Cool.  So long as they don’t end up one of their secret, club member only games.  If you have any say in the matter, pleeeeease don’t let that happen.

Edited by insertclevernamehere

12 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Cool.  So long as they don’t end up one of their secret, club member only games.  If you have any say in the matter, pleeeeease don’t let that happen.

I would assume that since he is talking about them in an open forum like this, that they will be released openly to the public!!  I beleive most if not all of his game have been handled that way!!!

2 hours ago, lawdawg710 said:

I would assume that since he is talking about them in an open forum like this, that they will be released openly to the public!!  I beleive most if not all of his game have been handled that way!!!

You assume wrong I'm afraid.  There's a thread on here where they made it public about working on Mr Do!'s Wild Ride and I'm 99% sure that ended up a secret, club members only game.  I hope you're right about Electric Adventures games not ending up as club members only games though.

4 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

You assume wrong I'm afraid.  There's a thread on here where they made it public about working on Mr Do!'s Wild Ride and I'm 99% sure that ended up a secret, club members only game.  I hope you're right about Electric Adventures games not ending up as club members only games though.

Mr Do.s Wild Ride, if made in for some club deal is in the ADAM Archive and free to everyone.
As far as Mr. Cruise's I have yet to find a single completed or not completed game of his released anywhere.  You could check Opcodes site.  Also, I think Atari Age runs a store.  As far as their secret club I can only speculate because I am not part of that.

As far as the game I am working on, Dino Eggs, I have the full support of the original author.  I have not decided if it will be free or sold.
Personally I would like to sell it because this deserves a cartridge and there will be extras I promise you.

As Mr. Cruise may have found out, it is easier to program the games and not produce them.

I have seen video's of his games which are first rate and not on some go fund me deal.
Likewise, Dino Eggs will be a polished, AAA game so the offer I was given for personal work is not exactly appetizing especially when I am compelled to give the original author a bit of honorarium for allowing me to create a port.
This is an original title still under his control and not some Atari game you pull out of the arcade just to make it work on a Colecovision.

I am bringing a game that was originally planned and code started for the Colecovision back in 1983.

I only bring this up because writing and distributing these games are not black and white.  Write then sell.

Many hands have to be shaken as well as a lot of people get a cut of the jib.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

46 minutes ago, Captain Cozmos said:

Mr Do.s Wild Ride, if made in for some club deal is in the ADAM Archive and free to everyone.
As far as Mr. Cruise's I have yet to find a single completed or not completed game of his released anywhere.  You could check Opcodes site.  Also, I think Atari Age runs a store.  As far as their secret club I can only speculate because I am not part of that.

As far as the game I am working on, Dino Eggs, I have the full support of the original author.  I have not decided if it will be free or sold.
Personally I would like to sell it because this deserves a cartridge and there will be extras I promise you.

As Mr. Cruise may have found out, it is easier to program the games and not produce them.

I have seen video's of his games which are first rate and not on some go fund me deal.
Likewise, Dino Eggs will be a polished, AAA game so the offer I was given for personal work is not exactly appetizing especially when I am compelled to give the original author a bit of honorarium for allowing me to create a port.
This is an original title still under his control and not some Atari game you pull out of the arcade just to make it work on a Colecovision.

I am bringing a game that was originally planned and code started for the Colecovision back in 1983.

I only bring this up because writing and distributing these games are not black and white.  Write then sell.

Many hands have to be shaken as well as a lot of people get a cut of the jib.

I have seen some of EA's (not to be confused with the more famous one) games available through Collectorvision so hopefully his latest 2 will be too.  Talking of games I'd love to buy though, Dino Eggs is one too!  I wish you every success in your endeavours to get it released as a physical game.

Cool video 👍

It  would be nice if these home brews got released in a digital form after a grace period had passed, where it's only available on a physical cart initially. Over in the Atari 8-Bit section its not uncommon to see a lot of great home brew games eventually released for free in this format (e.g., Prince of Persia). I do the same for all my hardware projects. The days of making lots of $$$ and selling thousands of carts is long gone ;)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

That is an unfinished but near complete and very playable Demo/WIP that was made available a long time ago. Any other release / version of this game that may have been made is not related and not available on the ADAM Archive.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Is this and Kangaroo on target for a 2023 physical release?  I have to set myself limits and give myself an annual budget, otherwise it can spiral out of control.  There's enough spondulix set aside for these 2, among other games I know should be out this year but if they're not likely to be released in 2023, well I have my eyes on some other goodies that I can get instead.

9 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

After dealing with patterns graphics I am seriously wondering how TC is going to handle strait lines across the screen in all 4 directions.

The only way I know how to do that at the moment is map out a line in all 8 directions or to do it in a true bitmap mode like HGR which is slower than Christmas.

😬 It's those kind of details that make me realize I REALLY don't think I'd like programming.  No sir, definitely NOT for me.