IGNORED

Colecovision Joystick Mod Question

thegamezmaster

Is there a mod that can be done on a joystick that will work on the Colecovision?  I did the Sega 3 button controller mod and wondered if there were any mods for like the Sega 3 button arcade stick? Or NES Advantage or something simular to use? I'm trying to come up with a real good joystick for the CV on a budget. Any guides that would help do this. 

Thanks for any help with this project!

Edited by thegamezmaster

11 hours ago, mytek said:

This might help you out for starters.

1584387576_Colecovision_Controller_Wiring_(noKeyPad).thumb.png.b42496c733a0cccd1d7e346ed419dce2.png

ColecoController.pdf 23.86 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for the reply but this skill is past me to do. Was more looking to see if anyone has modded a real joystick vintage or not to work on the Colecovision. Like the Sega Genesis 3 button controller to CV to play. Anyone please help with this. Thanks!

I have converted a not overly reliable original ColecoVision controller to a "Fighting stick" style - I removed the PCB and did a little soldering to connect some wires to the original contacts and then put it and some Arcade quality parts in a box - this is rev 2 - the box is made out of thin MDF - the holes under the joystick are for some buttons for games like Asteroids and Star Castle.

image.thumb.png.d7bbfc4ed8eaa59e18939c833c8188c4.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xdurable said:

I have converted a not overly reliable original ColecoVision controller to a "Fighting stick" style - I removed the PCB and did a little soldering to connect some wires to the original contacts and then put it and some Arcade quality parts in a box - this is rev 2 - the box is made out of thin MDF - the holes under the joystick are for some buttons for games like Asteroids and Star Castle.

image.thumb.png.d7bbfc4ed8eaa59e18939c833c8188c4.png

Wish I had your skills to do this but don't. How hard or not was this to make? Any guide or something on how to make? Thanks.