IGNORED

Procedures in BASIC XE

spookt

Hi folks

Playing around with BASIC XE for the first time and trying some of the examples in the manual. I'm using BXE v 4.1 from Atarimania in Atari800MAC with DOS 2.5.

If I try the following example from the manual, I get an error 33 at line 20. Since this is straight from the manual I'm a little surprised. I've tried rolling my own procedure to test but whatever I try I get the same error 33 (which doesn't seem to be listed in the error messages in the manual!) Any pointers?              

10 Junk=20                       
 20 Call "Test" Using 12*17       
 30 Print Junk                    
 40 End                           
 70 Procedure "Test" Using Junk   
 80   Print Junk                  
 90 Exit     

You need to load the Basic XE extensions in order to use procedures. I suspect error 33 is a keyword not found type of error. Make sure the BASICXE.OSS file that is the right version for 4.1 is on the disk you are using with BasicXE.

Edit: Error 33 is: ERRNI INC :BR0  ;FUNCTION OR STMT NOT IMPLEMENTED 

Edited by Alfred
Added Error 33 info

Ah - thanks folks. I had wondered, but I've only read chunks of the manual.

EDIT: Yep a big RTFM to myself! Just booted with extension disk in D1 and all is good. Also just read the beginning of the manual. Would have saved me some time yesterday!

Edited by spookt

Just a note, the extensions disk or it's contents have to be on the disk or in the folder you run

BASIC XE from, for example, I have a BASIC folder on my U1M/SIDE3 setup, I copied all

the files off the extension disk into that folder and run BASIC XE from that folder.

• Like 1