IGNORED

It's Conner Time! (Special edition) for atari 2600?

Ecernosoft

Ok.... so if any of you know about SMBS, It's Conner Time Special is based on Super Mario Bros Special.

It was one of the later games on scratch I made, and here's a link to it. It's Conner time! (Special edition) on Scratch (mit.edu)

It's really, really glitchy. 

PLEASE read the instructions because they are NECCESARY! And follow the arrow signs...

If anyone wants I can record a playthrough because this game is also hard.

I realised I could port this to the 2600 and add more levels! It sticks inside the 2600's limitations too- which is nice.

Of course, the 2600 version might lack the music and also would be a lot easier with more stages, so it would probably be better. I could do the music but I don't know how well it would sound.

But, I was wondering if I even should put that excuse of a "game" onto the 2600. It would be a lot better on it.

Tell me what you think. 😃

Edit: Before you tell me, "Wow, this game sucks" (because it's not very good), this was made in my FIRST year of real programming, age 12 in this case. It's only been 2 years since this game happened and I've gotten a lot better (Not to mention I don't program on scratch anymore) and I even made better, more fun games at that time on scratch (Go check those out, those are actually fun!).

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 2

I wouldn't get discouraged so quickly as you posted less than a day ago.  Not everyone checks the forum daily.  That said, just looking at the game (I'm unfamiliar with Scratch personally), you'd likely at least from the asthetics have to downgrade it significantly for the 2600 but I admitted won't hazard a guess regarding the gameplay at the moment since I can't try it out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 1:23 PM, LatchKeyKid said:

I wouldn't get discouraged so quickly as you posted less than a day ago.  Not everyone checks the forum daily.  That said, just looking at the game (I'm unfamiliar with Scratch personally), you'd likely at least from the asthetics have to downgrade it significantly for the 2600 but I admitted won't hazard a guess regarding the gameplay at the moment since I can't try it out.

I'm already doing an ICT2 and yes, I know it's been 2 months.