IGNORED

Games you wish had come out on the 7800

Silver Back

1 hour ago, Cris1997XX said:

Not exactly a Metroidvania, but...L'Abbaye Des Morts. It's on Commodore 64, so why not the 7800? I'd love to hear more rearrangements of the Euro-style music 😁

I don't know if you are aware of the A8 port  ?

we are adding the final touches as we speak, the assets are ready to go if need to be, and potentially be even better looking on the 7800 !

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, TIX said:

we are adding the final touches as we speak, the assets are ready to go if need to be, and potentially be even better looking on the 7800 !

I’d heard of that game but I had never really checked it out. I’d agree a 7800 looks very doable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TIX said:

Oh, I didn't know about the 8-bit port! It seems extremely good (Better than the ZX Spectrum, anyway). Seeing it on 7800 would be amazing too

Edited by Cris1997XX
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 8:48 PM, Dire 51 said:

Vanguard

Came here to see if anyone had listed Vanguard yet...

I remember that was one of the first games I played that had the "insert coin to continue..." concept and as a result, I spent WAY MORE than I should have on that game...  ;-)  Also one of (if not) the first arcade games I remember with voice...

I think it would need to be a twin stick game tho.  (at least as an option...  I played a port that just fired all directions when you fired and it's OK, but not the same...)

• Like 3

i would love to see NES style plaformers, something along the lines of journey to silius, Castlevania, ninja Gaiden, contra. 
I would also like to see a good sports game. Real sports baseball and Peter Rose baseball pale in comparison to baseball stars, rbi baseball 2, and even bases loaded.  Tecmo bowls seems like it would be very doable on the 7800.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AlwaysOnPlanetPatrol said:

The OP's  question was "It makes me think about what other games I would've liked to of seen on the 7800 as a kid. "

But if you keep reading that post, he wrote:

<<...So with that being said I thought it would be fun to discuss what games we would've or would like to see on the 7800. ...
What games would you liked to of seen ported to the 7800 back in the day or even in the future?  I'd love to hear!
>>

• Like 1

Sticking with mostly single screen with minimal scrolling. My biggest want would be a Sprint/Championship Sprint/Super Sprint game. Others on my want list are a good Phoenix port, probably one of my favourite games as a kid. As someone mentioned above, Bubble Bobble could rock on the 7800. Could do a nice Bombjack on there maybe.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, juansolo said:

Sticking with mostly single screen with minimal scrolling. My biggest want would be a Sprint/Championship Sprint/Super Sprint game. Others on my want list are a good Phoenix port, probably one of my favourite games as a kid. As someone mentioned above, Bubble Bobble could rock on the 7800. Could do a nice Bombjack on there maybe.

Solomon's Key always struck me as one that could potentially work well on the 7800 - it just feels as though it has the right hardware to pull it off.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Defender_2600 said:

But if you keep reading that post, he wrote:

<<...So with that being said I thought it would be fun to discuss what games we would've or would like to see on the 7800. ...
What games would you liked to of seen ported to the 7800 back in the day or even in the future?  I'd love to hear!
>>

Considering I listed the era of 85-88, then my post was about "back in the day".  Is that okay?