IGNORED

BIG 40, TI-99/4A Annual Chicago TI International World Faire

KB9ZQT

Who is attending?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the Faire in person?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi Everyone, It's that time of the year again for the Chicago Faire! Trying to plan the Big 40 event! 

If your interested in speaking/presenting, please reach out to Hal Shanafield (Hals12@hotmail.com) to get your spot reserved. 

Please add your name to the poll so we can get a count started. 

Event Details: 

The 40th Annual Chicago TI International World Faire

Evanston Public Library
1703 Orrington Ave
Evanston, IL 60201

Saturday, October 29th, 2022

http://chicagotiug.sdf.org/

Hope to see you all there! 

John

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

The 40th annual Chicago TI International World Faire will kick off with the usual Friday night dinner, held this year at the Mt. Everest restaurant, 630 Church Street, Evanston, Illinois, beginning at 6 p.m. on October 28. The restaurant is located just across the street from the main entrance to the Evanston Public Library. Parking is available in the lot to the east of the library.

• Like 1

Doors open to the library at 9am. The live stream will start as soon as I can get the equipment unpacked and running. Presentation will start shortly after that. Should be an action packed day filled with lots of presentation I hear from Hal.

• Like 5

I had a fantastic time at the fair.  The presentations were a lot of fun.  I have to say that 99er's are a generous lot and I want to thank you guys.

Vic gave me thumb drive which I believe is a repository of volumes upon volumes of TI newsletters.

I got a box full of great TI publications for next to nothing--thanks to the seller. I'm embarrassed to say I missed your name. 

I bought a sealed copy of The Chicken from Thomas Perkowitz of Tomputer Software, and he threw in a pile of software manuals for various Tomputer games. 

And perhaps most exciting was a great deal I got on a 1 MB SuperAMS card from Jim (ksarul).  Plus, he's generously giving me a disk controller card that I sorely need.  Thanks big time. 

This was my first time at the Chicago fair and I'm really looking forward to next year's. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Congratulations to our latest honoree! Very well deserved indeed!

wow! this was totally unexpected! 😲 It was a thrill this morning to have learned this news!
I feel really gratified by this award and at the same time honored to have been included in this historic award.
Many thanks! :)

• Like 15

The PEB I picked up at the faire is up and running.  It came with a ti 32k, floppy controller and two internal floppy drives and a corcomp serial card.  The drives and the memory seem to work.  I don't have anything to check the serial with.  Everything is marked with "Knapp".  Hal told me very little about him, just that it was passed on to him from the original owner.   It is a 99/4 box.  The only thing I had to do was work on the power button to get it to turn off.   Seems to work well now.  

I guess it's time to get a tipi PEB and a Sam's card..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1